• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone seen a picture of the Blue label 9.2 Detective comics #27 on the census?
1 1

143 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
5 hours ago, woowoo said:

This is the only picture i have seen.

Detective 27 9.2 unrestord.jpg

I think that’s the Famous First Edition based on its measurements 

Gee, and I thought that was either the jolly Green Giant's or Stumbo the Giant's personal copy based upon its measurements.  lol

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

4-5 million dollar book at auction ?

Maybe for the Allentown.

Up until 2018 ( when I believe the 9.2 was graded ) this was the highest certified copy (1 of 2)

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7017-91126.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

It received in late 2017 a max offer of 1.5 Mil.

I don't see the 9.2 reach 4 Mil at auction quite honestly. Yes I know the AC1 reached 3Mil+ but Hariri was bidding. Take him out of the picture ...

Edited by Gotham Kid

23 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I have held the 9.2. It is ridiculous, stunning, and any other adjective you want to add. Just a killer book.

do you know the provenance? I've always wondered if it was the old copy Jerry bagels and I had (which then went to OK Dave, then back to Geppi, and then who knows), while some have wondered if it was the Mastronet copy upgraded.

2 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

some have wondered if it was the Mastronet copy upgraded.

this is another reason I don't see the 9.2 reach 4 Mil, if it is confirmed that is was indeed 'manufactured' to 9.2 grade.

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Maybe for the Allentown.

Up until 2018 ( when I believe the 9.2 was graded ) this was the highest certified copy (1 of 2)

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7017-91126.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

I don't see the 9.2 reach 4 Mil at auction quite honestly. Yes I know the AC1 reached 3Mil+ but Hariri was bidding. Take him out of the picture ...

Peter if you can Bid 2 mil on a comic book 4 or 5 is nothing more for this level of a bidder (shrug)

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Maybe for the Allentown.

I take it the 8.0 did not drop off the census when the 9.2 appeared ? Allentown also a 8.0 ? 

6 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Allentown also a 8.0 ? 

No, only 1. And it should grade 9.6

6 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I take it the 8.0 did not drop off the census when the 9.2 appeared ?

Current CGC census: 1 in 9.2, 2 in 8.0

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

And if they can pay 5 they can pay 10?   I don’t think that logic works.   An extra 3m is still an extra 3m

It does work. When I bid on a 1k book I can afford to go xtra 2 or 3 hun for my pay level. People who have millions get a lot more return from banks than average person so the interest rate is more Xs millions. I could be wrong but I could be right.(shrug)

2 hours ago, woowoo said:

It does work. When I bid on a 1k book I can afford to go xtra 2 or 3 hun for my pay level. People who have millions get a lot more return from banks than average person so the interest rate is more Xs millions. I could be wrong but I could be right.(shrug)

If you have the right bidders then yes I agree but but you don’t always have the right bidders and nobody likes to pay 3, 5, 8 times a previous record no matter how much money they have.    5m or 10m, liquid, is no joke! 

Edited by Bronty

8 minutes ago, Bronty said:

If you have the right bidders then yes I agree but but you don’t always have the right bidders and nobody likes to pay 3, 5, 8 times a previous record no matter how much money they have.    5m or 10m, liquid, is no joke! 

5m or 10m is no joke. I am saying if you bid 2.2 mil for a Tec 27/Action 1 highest grade than a mil one way or the other is not that big of a deal to millionaires.  I win a bid for 500.00 Buyer's remorse kicks in for a week than I am ok.:whee: