• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! I'm not going to get rich on this JUNK SALE!
4 4

123 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Pogo Parade #1 1953

100 pages of killer Walt Kelly goodness. Pogo and Kelly just don't get the respect they deserve any more. Stories were political, full of satire and side jokes. And the art... every bit as great of anything pf the era. This is a fun read!

A very pretty complete copy. Heavy cover stock. Spine is square and tight with full paper. Has a small, crease on upper back cover. Small edge tear on lower right side by sheet music. Tiny bit of wear or tips of corner covers. Sharp, tight and clean. Interior pages are yellowing but supple with no damage.

$45. Way under guide for a real nice copy!

pogoparade1.jpg

pogoparade2.jpg

Take please. 

On 8/23/2019 at 2:15 PM, Robot Man said:

Rocky Jones Space Ranger Silvercup Bread. Tin pin back button. 1-3/8". Pictures Rocky in center. Obscure 1950's early space TV show. Excellent condition.

$20. plus $3. postage

rockyjonespin.jpg

I named my first dog "Rocky" because of this show.   :cloud9:  It was early '60s so they must'a been afternoon reruns.  I loved that show.

OK, price drops now in effect. As low as I can go. I told you I wasn’t getting rich here. Lots of cool unusual stuff still here take a look. 

If I get some more time, I might throw up a few more today but no promises. 

I will leave this up today and close it down tomorrow and send out invoices. As always, thanks for looking and hope you had fun with this. 

On 8/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, here is a very cool item!

MAD's Greatest Artists The Completely MAD Don Martin. This is a lavish, large 2 volume slipcased set comprising everything this iconic artist ever did for MAD Magazine. 2007 by Running Press. Forward by Gary Larson who was most certianly influenced by Don. Tributes and stories by MAD staffers that worked with him. Black and white and color with all kinds of extra stuff. Took me weeks to read and digest. Can't recommend this enough!

$65. + Media Mail postage to the buyer. This massive volume is over 15 pounds and large so I doubt it can go flat rate.

How about $60.?

donmartinbooks1.jpg

donmartinbooks2.jpg

donmartinbooks3.jpg

donmartinbooks4.jpg

donmartinbooks5.jpg

Tough to pass this up, despite the fact I really should be selling instead of buying!

:takeit:

How 'bout a few last minute late additions?

Bobby Benson's B-Bar-B Riders #18 Jan-Feb 1953

Started out as a radio show and became a kid western book. but towards the end of the run, it became something a little different... Horror was the thing and ME Pubs found a way to capitalize on it. Every horror collector should have these last few issues. Nice Ayers horror cover to start it off with.

Top staple neatly popped. Bottom is tight and cover is well attached to book and centerfold. Has a couple tiny edge tears and light ink cracking on spine. No pieces missing and no creasing. Yellowed but supple interior pages. Nice, solid copy.

$75.

brbriders1.jpg

brbriders2.jpg

brbriders3.jpg

Capt. Marvel Jr #53 Sept 1947

Classic Atomic Bomb cover and story!

Spine is rolled and flattened. Probably printed that way. Book is slightly askew. A few small bottom right corner tears. Back cover has some light bug damage in lower left corner and at top in center. Book well attached to covers but centerfold is neatly detached with no tears or raggedy edges. Bright colors and white interior pages.

$60.

cmjr1.jpg

cmjr2.jpg

Yak Yak #1 Four Color #1186 1961

Awsome book. All Jack Davis. His answer to MAD Magazine. Cool beatnik cover daddio!

Square, tight, bright and clean complete copy. Has a long "subscription" type crease down center that does not break color a whole lot. About a 3 upper right corner crease. A couple tiny edge tears and some slight wrinkling.Very small light spot in lower left corner. No pieces missing or major tears. Tight copy with book and centerfold tight to covers. Nice, but slightly yellowed interior paper.

$30.

yakyak1.jpg

yakyak2.jpg

yakyak3.jpg

Wings #50 Oct 1944

Very bright orange cover! Full of combat and GGA. One story, has girls taking off their clothes in a plane!

Book is neatly detached from single wartime staple. Has a 1" upper sine cover split. Has a long 5" diagonal upper book crease that does not break color. Otherwise just minor general wear. White interior pages.

$60.

wings1.jpg

wings2.jpg

wings3.jpg

wings4.jpg

Rocketman #1 June 1952 Farrell one shot

Nice cover and interior art. I love one shots. Instant run completed!

A real, night, tight, bright complete copy. A little rust on top staple that does migrate inside. Some small ink writing at top left corner. A tiny chip out of top of spine front and back. No missing pieces, tears or major creases. Just light general wear. A press would help this one out quite a bit. Book and centerfold snug to covers. White interior paper.

$120.

rocketman1.jpg

rocketman2.jpg

Fighting Marines #15 (#1) 1951

Beautiful Leatherneck Jack GGA story by Matt Baker! The Canteen Kate issues get all the love but this one is every bit as good as they are.

"Tall St. John" therefore has a little wear at top (front and back. Piece 1-1/4" out of bottom right corner of cover. Slight tearing at staples and a few small spine creases. Solid copy with off white pages.

$75.

fightmarines1.jpg

fightmarines2.jpg

fightmarines3.jpg

EH #5 July 1954 Charlton

Wild GGA cover and very weird insides! MAD imatator.

Book is lightly faded at top of cover. Most of spine is slightly discolored like old tape might have been removed. Why, I don't know because the spine is tight and smooth. A small grease pencil "X" in upper right corner. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Just light general wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior pages are slightly yellowed with no damage.

$45.

eh1.jpg

eh2.jpg

Adventures into Weird Worlds #26 Feb 1954

Awsome Maneely "lower body transformation cover" in a graveyard. Sick contents for an Atlas. Monster murder, hypos, and a great killer Robot story. The way PCH should be!

Book has two very small pieces of tape on staples. Asmall crease in back cover corner. A little light corner and edge wear. No pieces missing, tears or other creases. Lies flat and square. Bright color. Well attached. Interior pages are slightly yellowed but supple with no damage.

$100.

advsweirdworlds26a.jpg

advsweirdworlds26b.jpg

advsweirdworlds26c.jpg

advsweirdworlds26d.jpg

advsweirdworlds26e.jpg

Well, that will do it this time. I will leave this one up through tomorrow, close it down late after noon and send out invoices. As always, I appreciate all of you checking out my thread and hopefully buying something to make my junk pile a little shorter!