• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

After seeing the first two eps I'm not overly impressed, I think its just meh to this point, but will continue to watch because I like Tatiana.  The best part I thought was the short scene after the credits where she is helping her family with small chores.  I actually chuckled a little.

Episode 1 didn't do much for me.  My thought was "OK... get the "origin" exposition out of the way and the real show starts with episode 2."

I give Episode 1 a 5/10

I kind of liked episode 2.  Characters fleshed out a little more.  New characters introduced, including her family.  I'm going to give it a 6.5/10.

I'm going to keep watching and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

It's OK, but I'm a little disappointed. I really looked forward to watching Hawkeye, I'm not marking my calendar for this one. 
Did I miss her asking anything ABOUT the job she took? Like salary for one thing?  Also having a show stop after 23 minutes doesn't really give it enough time, when it appears to end, there are still 7 minutes left of after scenes, and credits...that's a big chunk of a 30 minute show.

I'll continue because of the actress...although she was a lot better in Orphan Black, if you haven't seen that you should.

I was casually watching the 2nd episode, and when it ended I was kinda surprised.   It didn't really go anywhere, just setting things up.  I'm guessing the show is going to lean heavily on "guest appearances" from  the rest of the MCU.   :wishluck: Longshot intro(worship)

I watched Ep 1 last night and it was meh all the way around.  The actress they picked to play her was fine but in general it just seemed like a non story.  Super villian cameo at the end was pretty weak.  My wife liked it so we will keep watching the series but I hope it gets a lot better.

On 8/26/2022 at 1:03 AM, Boozad said:

Perhaps watching after a few beers is the best way to watch it? I'll watch it again tonight.

Not a bad idea..... After all..... it seems like much of the story involves drinking or being at a bar so far. :cheers:

I did find it mildly humorous when she transformed back to her regular form and was suddenly very drunk.

Edited by gadzukes

an interesting observation from episode 2: Earlier in the episode when Jen is looking for a job she is looking at alternate job possibilities because she can't get hired as a lawyer due to her She-Hulk persona and one of the links is about working as a mascot. Then later in the episode she is hired by a law firm to head the new superhero division but is required to be in She-Hulk form. So hasn't she become the mascot of the company? Is this actually intended by the writers, because if so it is very clever and I say well done. ( the reality is it is more likely a coincidence because most of the show is so poorly written. Example: why do all the important meetings for Jen about job loss and job hiring happen in a bar????)

On 8/26/2022 at 12:17 AM, skypinkblu said:

It's OK, but I'm a little disappointed. I really looked forward to watching Hawkeye, I'm not marking my calendar for this one. 
Did I miss her asking anything ABOUT the job she took? Like salary for one thing?  Also having a show stop after 23 minutes doesn't really give it enough time, when it appears to end, there are still 7 minutes left of after scenes, and credits...that's a big chunk of a 30 minute show.

I'll continue because of the actress...although she was a lot better in Orphan Black, if you haven't seen that you should.

Tatiana is 70% of the reason I am giving this show a chance.  Orphan Black is an amazing show, and she was fantastic in it.

Edited by drotto

On 8/26/2022 at 11:01 AM, Artboy99 said:

an interesting observation from episode 2: Earlier in the episode when Jen is looking for a job she is looking at alternate job possibilities because she can't get hired as a lawyer due to her She-Hulk persona and one of the links is about working as a mascot. Then later in the episode she is hired by a law firm to head the new superhero division but is required to be in She-Hulk form. So hasn't she become the mascot of the company? Is this actually intended by the writers, because if so it is very clever and I say well done. ( the reality is it is more likely a coincidence because most of the show is so poorly written. Example: why do all the important meetings for Jen about job loss and job hiring happen in a bar????)

I thought the other items were more meaningful of what she was reviewing online. Including the functional QR Code which if scanned provides a free She-Hulk digital comic book.

She_Hulk.png.2b8f8aeeb93da236857027c17d727506.png

On 8/26/2022 at 5:22 PM, Bosco685 said:

I thought the other items were more meaningful of what she was reviewing online. Including the functional QR Code which if scanned provides a free She-Hulk digital comic book.

She_Hulk.png.2b8f8aeeb93da236857027c17d727506.png

That scene would have to be about fifteen minutes long for me to notice all of that s***. Doff my hat to you man.

Edited by Boozad

On 8/25/2022 at 2:17 PM, piper said:

I haven't watched episode 2, but I feel confident that the overall story arc will involve her confidence being shattered and learning that she needs support/help from others.

Hope so, that would be great to see.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:13 PM, gadzukes said:

Episode 2:  She walks in to work in her normal professional attire.  Her boss tells her he's expecting her to be the Hulk.... so... Hulk out.

In the next edit the two of them continue to walk and she's Hulked out but none of her Clothes are ripped.

Did I miss something?  Her clothes are stretchy now?

Similar to the court bench scene, the editing on this show is poor.