• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, kimik said:

That is not a problem in my eyes as having B.Sc. in a real science I have never considered social sciences to be real research.........

I have a lot of fun bugging economists I know that they are not real scientists since they can assume away anything to fit their model.

What did you go for?

I myself am a large proponent of the "real sciences"

On 9/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, drotto said:

Landings are historically hard. I will admit that, more often then not I have been disappointed with final episodes. Even with shows I still adore. 

Supernatural had a horrible last season with an absolute :censored: finally, but I love the first 11 seasons.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:08 PM, D84 said:

Supernatural had a horrible last season with an absolute :censored: finally, but I love the first 11 seasons.

Even Sam whining like a little b***h throughout all of Season 8? :sick:

The finale was hilarious. "I'm just gonna punch you guys to death." "Oh, yeah? Well he's been absorbing god energy!" Also: Dean dying in a situation he's experienced how many hundreds/thousands of times? I can only really accept that in a, 'god gave you plot armor' way, but it still F-ing blows.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 9/14/2022 at 2:13 PM, D84 said:

Sam was a whiny little :censored: the entire show. 

TBH, when I would see reruns on TV, it surprises me how melodramatic the entire series is. Clearly, I enjoyed the drama as the show was airing, but the writing/acting is somewhat juvenile when I re-watch some of the series. The first 5 seasons (while the creator was still involved) seem the least soap opera-like.

On 9/14/2022 at 11:14 AM, drotto said:

Landings are historically hard. I will admit that, more often then not I have been disappointed with final episodes. Even with shows I still adore. 

With 6 seasons total I like to reflect on all the good to great that was The Sopranos. Yes, we got a screen blackout in the end (I really thought my TV set died at a key moment :nyah: ). But still. What an incredible ride!

strong_silent_type.gif.a1563cd4b4edcfab2f8ee6d63feda14e.gif

On 9/14/2022 at 10:32 PM, PovertyRow said:

My baked pasta with homemade whole milk Ricotta, fresh Mozzarella, Reggiano Parmesan and Pecorino Romano. Homemade tomato sauce with Italian Sausage. Sordid herbs for flavor and a bit of crushed red pepper for kick. I enjoy this while watching/re-watching THE SOPRANOS, or anytime.

Baked ziti ala sopranos.jpg

FCF11814-535A-4E52-8C39-38EE642039E0.gif

My baked pasta with homemade whole milk Ricotta, fresh Mozzarella, Reggiano Parmesan and Pecorino Romano. Homemade tomato sauce with Italian Sausage. Sordid herbs for flavor and a bit of crushed red pepper for kick. I enjoy this while watching/re-watching THE SOPRANOS, or anytime.

excuse-me-who-are-you-talking-to.gif.8b42680087c80c147b342cdaf4b77adb.gif

^^

Mail it to me.

On 9/15/2022 at 10:51 AM, TupennyConan said:

What about Madisynn? :x  Is she in E5? :wishluck:

Nope.  Basically, all the characters in the show are derivative and of no importance and toss aways. 

There is nothing offensive in this episode, but to me it reinforces how unoriginal and derivative the show is. The writers are not creating anything new, they are just taking ideas and characters from other shows and movies. We have.....

1. Generically BFF who guess what love cloths, fashion, drinking, and hooking people up.

2. We have generic lawer boss.

3. We have parade of generic dumb guys.

4. Yes, Madissyn is generic white party girl.

5. We have over serious lawer women who needs to lose up and be our friend.

6. Over protective dad

7. Stoner dumb brother 

8. Safe guy that could be an ally and likes his version of fashion also.

9. Over the top tick tocker

10. Edna Mole or generic prema dona fashion designer.

It is just so unoriginal and dull. They have no depth and no developement, just tired old stereotypes. There is not an original thought here, and there is a difference between being light fare and being downright shallow and superficial.

Again the court scene and any set up is basically a one and done.  It is blatantly there to give her an arch enemy. But it is so shallow.

Edited by drotto

On 9/15/2022 at 10:10 AM, drotto said:

Nope.  Basically, all the characters in the show are derivative and of no importance and toss aways. 

There is nothing offensive in this episode, but to me it reinforces how unoriginal and derivative the show is. The writers are not creating anything new, they are just taking ideas and characters from other shows and movies. We have.....

1. Generically BFF who guess what love cloths, fashion, drinking, and hooking people up.

2. We have generic lawer boss.

3. We have parade of generic dumb guys.

4. Yes, Madissyn is generic white party girl.

5. We have over serious lawer women who needs to lose up and be our friend.

6. Over protective dad

7. Stoner dumb brother 

8. Safe guy that could be an ally and likes his version of fashion also.

9. Over the top tick tocker

10. Edna Mole or generic prema dona fashion designer.

It is just so unoriginal and dull. They have no depth and no developement, just tired old stereotypes. There is not an original thought here, and there is a difference between being light fare and being downright shallow and superficial.

Again the court scene and any set up is basically a one and done.  It is blatantly there to give her an arch enemy. But it is so shallow.

Disney+ thanks you for watching, they asked me for you to watch again in case you missed something. Please let us know your results.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:49 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Disney+ thanks you for watching, they asked me for you to watch again in case you missed something. Please let us know your results.

I admit, I am hate watching.  So yeah they succeeded in that. The train wreck that this show is has entertainment value. Disney is not making a dime off of it however.

Edited by drotto

On 9/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, drotto said:

I admit, I am hate watching.   So yeah they succeeded in that.  Disney is not making a dime off of it however.

Based on my experience of sparing myself the last 2 hours of Love and Thunder, I really do suggest just stop watching. I know that curiosity kills the cat, but it's just such a waste of time with a lot of this content. It's healthy to have boundaries/limits and stick to them. 2c

On 9/15/2022 at 11:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Based on my experience of sparing myself the last 2 hours of Love and Thunder, I really do suggest just stop watching. I know that curiosity kills the cat, but it's just such a waste of time with a lot of this content. It's healthy to have boundaries/limits and stick to them. 2c

But, they literally gave the car keys to a bunch of 10 year olds, who are now driving around town and crashing into things repeatedly. It so hard not to watch.

Plus, I did not watch Thor after seeing the reviews and trailers.  I have not watched Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, or Moon Knight either.  I just so wanted to like She-Hulk.  I guess I am still hoping, and keep  being disappointed.