• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 2:49 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Yes, Jen dating in her 30’s is a big part of the show, I got that. I mean the insinuation that there’s something wrong with it.

I mean, I assume you’re a family guy-type who was probably happily married through his 30’s. I personally know two ladies in their 30’s who have recently and reluctantly rejoined the dating circuit. One of them, a bit of a “looker”, goes through guys she meets (both thru Tinder or real life) like dessert at a buffet table looking for the next Mr Right. 

What Jen is doing is normal for women in todays society even though (Spoiler alert?) the Intelligencia is weaponizing her love life against her.

Any adult woman jumping from guy to guy like that is not the norm. A young but well-educated and respectable attorney like herself is going to have a sensitivity to her own self-image. Not allowing herself to be used repeatedly and then regretting the relationship afterwards.

I think you personalize these characters too much and then take any reality away from such situations when there is even the hint of dissatisfaction with their portrayal. That's been an on-going problem with your opinions.

On 10/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, jsilverjanet said:

this

You have a young, aggressive and highly educated woman very sensitive about being taken serious and treated professionally and she is throwing herself at excessive amounts of men then?

She lost her mind with Bruce in Episode 1 over how hard she has had to work to be seen as someone to be respected. And then she is going to tarnish her image without care? The end of Episode 8 demonstrated how furious she is now that her image has been attacked where she went on a rampage.

So unless she is schizophrenic the two character paths are not lining up.

Edited by Bosco685

On 10/6/2022 at 2:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

she is throwing herself

i don't see it that way, i think you need to revisit those scenes/episodes because that wasn't my interpretation

replace her as a man, and look at them again

what do you seen

james bond?

On 10/6/2022 at 3:57 PM, jsilverjanet said:

i don't see it that way, i think you need to revisit those scenes/episodes because that wasn't my interpretation

replace her as a man, and look at them again

what do you seen

james bond?

Did James Bond go off on Moneypenny how his reputation and respect was hard to achieve because he is a man and women just do not take him seriously?

:baiting:

On 10/6/2022 at 3:29 PM, Bosco685 said:

Did James Bond go off on Moneypenny how his reputation and respect was hard to achieve because he is a man and women just do not take him seriously?

:baiting:

no but you are combining two different things

it's not her fault that because she chooses to sleep with multiple men that you lose her respect/reputation

that's on you

i'm not sure how i can spell it out for you but the only one who seems to have an issue with her and many men is you

again look at it if she were a man, would you make any reference to the multiple partners she's had

On 10/6/2022 at 4:49 PM, jsilverjanet said:

it's not her fault that because she chooses to sleep with multiple men that you lose her respect/reputation

that's on you

i'm not sure how i can spell it out for you but the only one who seems to have an issue with her and many men is you

again look at it if she were a man, would you make any reference to the multiple partners she's had

That's on me? Why you making this so personal? Relax. IT'S A TV SHOW ABOUT COMIC BOOKS. Not your sister.

Meanwhile, the story being told in the way it is shows a very inconsistent character. Demands respect for her accomplishments, but then gets angry when her behavior leads to embarrassment.

On 10/6/2022 at 4:49 PM, jsilverjanet said:

that's on you

lollol   So it's not her fault for the choices she makes?  WTF?? 

On 10/6/2022 at 4:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

That's on me? Why you making this so personal? Relax. IT'S A TV SHOW ABOUT COMIC BOOKS. Not your sister.

Meanwhile, the story being told in the way it is shows a very inconsistent character. Demands respect for her accomplishments, but then gets angry when her behavior leads to embarrassment.

cause the show is written by feminists  

On 10/6/2022 at 4:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

What behaviour of hers lead to, and deserves, people organizing a harassment campaign against her that included non-consensually filming her during sex (literally a criminal offence just on its own)  - and why should she not be angry about that, especially when orchestrated in front of all her co-workers at a very important moment (and it more than just "embarrassment", it was a complete loss of security and trust and any sense of privacy. This isn't a 'whoops a did a silly thing *blush*'. Downplaying what happened here as just 'embarrassment' is honestly pretty sick)

Her dating and seeing as many people as she likes is not incompatible with demanding respect.

On 10/6/2022 at 3:55 PM, Kevin76 said:

lollol   So it's not her fault for the choices she makes?  WTF?? 

(shrug)

there's no point to further discuss this, you see the world one way and I see it another

On 10/6/2022 at 3:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

same here

but I do want to discuss the bold

how did you interpret that

a) I'm not relaxed

b) I see it more than a tv show (see previous comments on how I am one of the few that sees this as a sitcom and nothing more nothing less)

c) i think it's a little bit more than her behavior leads to embarrassment. i think it's a violation of privacy, a violation of her and it's a double standard - i believe the key word that made her lose it was "slut"

but this show like many other shows is open to interpretation. I'm just trying to explain what you questioned in the beginning when I said this to the statement quicksilver said

What Jen is doing is normal for women in todays society

that is true, that's a change that I've seen. Women look at sex the same as men. that's just how it is in todays society. they enjoy the sex. which i am not sure why anyone here would have a problem with, in fact I think we should encourage it

On 10/6/2022 at 3:57 PM, Kevin76 said:

cause the show is written by feminists  

yes they certainly have a history of not being good at writing sitcoms (i.e. being funny)

I'd post the Jim Jeffries comedy routine but i'm sure someone would hump the button

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 10/6/2022 at 5:04 PM, Sauce Dog said:

What behaviour of hers lead to, and deserves, people organizing a harassment campaign against her that included non-consensually filming her during sex (literally a criminal offence just on its own)  - and why should she not be angry about that, especially when orchestrated in front of all her co-workers at a very important moment (and it more than just "embarrassment", it was a complete loss of security and trust and any sense of privacy. This isn't a 'whoops a did a silly thing *blush*'. Downplaying what happened here as just 'embarrassment' is honestly pretty sick)

Her dating and seeing as many people as she likes is not incompatible with demanding respect.

Where did you note I stated she deserved to be harassed? I'll wait, as that comment was odd.

I guess the question is

can a woman (on a sitcom) who sleeps with every man she meets, still command respect (on a sitcom) in which that is what she is asking for and not received in the past?

On 10/6/2022 at 5:06 PM, jsilverjanet said:

same here

but I do want to discuss the bold

how did you interpret that

a) I'm not relaxed

b) I see it more than a tv show (see previous comments on how I am one of the few that sees this as a sitcom and nothing more nothing less)

c) i think it's a little bit more than her behavior leads to embarrassment. i think it's a violation of privacy, a violation of her and it's a double standard - i believe the key word that made her lose it was "slut"

but this show like many other shows is open to interpretation. I'm just trying to explain what you questioned in the beginning when I said this to the statement quicksilver said

What Jen is doing is normal for women in todays society

that is true, that's a change that I've seen. Women look at sex the same as men. that's just how it is in todays society. they enjoy the sex. which i am not sure why anyone here would have a problem with, in fact I think we should encourage it

You missed something in your excitement to defend the show, and assuming I was attacking it versus I am just disappointed how they have handled the characters in the show.

On 10/6/2022 at 6:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

Although I'm not a fan of the She-Hulk show this latest episode with Charlie Cox was the best of 8 episodes. Crazy it took this long.

But he kept slipping up with a British accent. That was odd.

That old Netflix theme though... :headbang:

As far as this conveying normal practices with women of the times - I have to disagree. I work at a very large company that is led by many high-powered women and most take their image very seriously. And that doesn't mean they are uptight and don't have a fun time. But they are not walking around work proclaiming, "Wow - that guy is really doing it for me!" That's moronic in its messaging that this woman concerned with her image throws that line out so frequently.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

Where did you note I stated she deserved to be harassed? I'll wait, as that comment was odd.

Can you clarify then what you mean to imply by saying "Demands respect for her accomplishments, but then gets angry when her behavior leads to embarrassment." as it sounds like you support the idea she brought this on herself which is tantamount to saying she deserved it.

What behaviour of hers lead to embarrassment - and by embarrassment I assume you are referring to the releasing of the video and other private information publicly, correct?

I have been to shindigs with young corporate lawyers and have partied with young female and young male lawyers..they do lots of 'nonrespectable ' things that young people do....I find it hilarious that people think lawyers are somehow immune to the hormones they have in their bodies and will act differently than the general population

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 10/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Can you clarify then what you mean to imply by saying "Demands respect for her accomplishments, but then gets angry when her behavior leads to embarrassment." as it sounds like you support the idea she brought this on herself which is tantamount to saying she deserved it.

What behaviour of hers lead to embarrassment - and by embarrassment I assume you are referring to the releasing of the video and other private information publicly, correct?

That's what you interpreted in your excitement to defend the show. Nowhere did I state the character deserved to be harrassed.

That's how personal some of you are taking this show.