• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I have been to shindigs with young corporate lawyers and have partied with young female and young male lawyers..they do lots of 'nonrespectable ' things that young people do....I find it hilarious that people think lawyers are somehow immune to the hormones they have in their bodies and will act differently than the general population

And they go off about taking them seriously while they party their butts off? That's what is hilarious about this interpretation.

If you read into that lawyers are not allowed to have fun and party, you missed the real point.

On 10/6/2022 at 4:19 PM, Bosco685 said:

You missed something in your excitement to defend the show, and assuming I was attacking it versus I am just disappointed how they have handled the characters in the show.

again I have no idea how you can assume

a) any emotion on my part - there is none

b) I could care less whether anyone else likes it or not, whether you were attacking it or not. I'll say this for the 100th time. I was explaining again my agreement with someone's elses statement that you questioned. Not sure why you add more to this discussion than what it is. FYI zero emotion on my part and zero emotion that I think you think etc. we are just exchanging words

On 10/6/2022 at 4:19 PM, Bosco685 said:

As far as this conveying normal practices with women of the times - I have to disagree. I work at a very large company that is led by many high-powered women and most take their image very seriously. And that doesn't mean they are uptight and don't have a fun time. But they are not walking around work proclaiming, "Wow - that guy is really doing it for me!" That's moronic in its messaging that this woman concerned with her image throws that line out so frequently.

what are the ages of the women you work with? I'd also contend that your company culture maybe different than what I see in the rest of the world.

You also may not be aware of what happens in their private life. I'm not saying what you believe isn't true it can be and so could my experience as well. There's a lot of world out there.

On 10/6/2022 at 2:29 PM, Bosco685 said:

And they go off about taking them seriously while they party their butts off? That's what is hilarious about this interpretation.

If you read into that lawyers are not allowed to have fun and party, you missed the real point.

who is "they' and 'them' and 'they' ? 

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 10/6/2022 at 5:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

That's what you interpreted in your excitement to defend the show. Nowhere did I state the character deserved to be harrassed.

That's how personal some of you are taking this show.

So just dodging the question, huh? 

Nobody is taking this personally, it just seems you have some questionable takes when it comes to respect, sex, and what exactly constitutes 'embarrassment'.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:30 PM, jsilverjanet said:

again I have no idea how you can assume

a) any emotion on my part - there is none

b) I could care less whether anyone else likes it or not, whether you were attacking it or not. I'll say this for the 100th time. I was explaining again my agreement with someone's elses statement that you questioned. Not sure why you add more to this discussion than what it is. FYI zero emotion on my part and zero emotion that I think you think etc. we are just exchanging words

what are the ages of the women you work with? I'd also contend that your company culture maybe different than what I see in the rest of the world.

You also may not be aware of what happens in their private life. I'm not saying what you believe isn't true it can be and so could my experience as well. There's a lot of world out there.

My company is 200K large and myself I probably interface with at least 200 (+) of them weekly, of which 75-150 are direct meetings. Easily.

As far as your emotional attachment to this show, it's been on-going and not directed at me as I have not been excessively personalizing dislike for this show. But it is a letdown for me.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:34 PM, Sauce Dog said:

So just dodging the question, huh? 

Nobody is taking this personally, it just seems you have some questionable takes when it comes to respect, sex, and what exactly constitutes 'embarrassment'.

I do? Someone should assemble a video of how many times Jen states, "This guy is doing it for me!" They are making the character out to be sexually excessive. Or is that questionable that they are making the character out to be sexually excessive instead of showing more about her personality and why she should be taken more serious.

On 10/6/2022 at 4:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

As far as your emotional attachment to this show, it's been on-going

maybe I'm over reading into this but because I like a show doesn't mean I have an emotional attachment for it

On 10/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, jsilverjanet said:

maybe I'm over reading into this but because I like a show doesn't mean I have an emotional attachment for it

Okay

Meanwhile look how concerned you became because I don't completely appreciate how they are portraying the character. That seems pretty attached.

On 10/6/2022 at 4:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

Okay

Meanwhile look how concerned you became because I don't completely appreciate how they are portraying the character. That seems pretty attached.

you keep implying that

a) I care

b) I care what you think

Please go back to how are discussion started. You questioned my comment. I never questioned any of your posts before today or even any of your comments from today. I don't care what any of you think of the show. I really don't.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, Bosco685 said:

I do? Someone should assemble a video of how many times Jen states, "This guy is doing it for me!" They are making the character out to be sexually excessive. Or is that questionable that they are making the character out to be sexually excessive instead of showing more about her personality and why she should be taken more serious.

"Sexually excessive" 

lol what does the even mean, there was like three dudes she actually hooked up with and the rest were one off dates, and this show is rather tame when it comes too dating IRL. It's not like she is banging dudes and telling her boss about it and posting online. 

On 10/6/2022 at 5:42 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I am asking you to be more explicit unless your purpose here is to equivocate on your responses.

Wow! You really tried there. I think I was fairly clear without pretending any misinterpretation of words or lack of ability to converse.

But you go! :roflmao:

On 10/6/2022 at 4:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

Yup. Pretty attached. But you should pretend I'm on my own with this one.

I found an opportunity for a joke, that I knew, I just really knew @TupennyConan would find funny because let's be honest if anyone asked us, to define sexually excessive, it would be hard to come up with a number

On 10/6/2022 at 5:45 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I found an opportunity for a joke, that I knew, I just really knew @TupennyConan would find funny because let's be honest if anyone asked us, to define sexually excessive, it would be hard to come up with a number

I'll try.

1 is the loneliest number; thus 2 pennies.