• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2022 at 11:18 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Totally missed this, but perhaps the only MCU/DC YouTuber I'm actively subscribed to and found to have some legit decent takes on the super-hero genre as a whole made a She-Hulk video and it's pretty spot on (Like him I also just assumed the booze thing was due to her transforming back to Jen before her hulk body could metabolize the alcohol, leaving little Jen stomach filled with a few rounds of hulk sized drinks. I found it clear but I guess it wasn't as clearly stated as I thought).

appreciate the link to the video.

On 10/7/2022 at 2:17 PM, PovertyRow said:
Spoiler

Dang I was not thinking of your posts or including you in the unrecognizable boardies. Some of our opinions differ and some align. That makes for conversation. Being involved in film for a few years (was an AP, wrote for a film magazine and was sometimes consulted by writers of film books) your contributions to the board’s Movie/TV threads are invaluable.

As far as my using  misogynist, I was looking for an antonym to feminist and that was the one that came up. Felt it was too negative but better than chauvinist. Still dislike it but made me realize a true antonym does not exist, I guess because it is the norm already.

It is interesting to see similar kinds of backlash in the Cap Marvel thread, probably because so many “men” were offended by Brie and it became contagious.

One disturbing thing for me is I am getting increasingly bored with the MCU after Phase 1. Some have been good and some disappointing and I STILL cannot get past the halfway mark of BLACK WIDOW, despite loving her in the Avengers movies (yes I am capable of disliking female led comic book films/shows. Could not get into the current Ms Marvel show. Kept getting CW flashbacks. Could not get into that Hawkeye series despite my really enjoying THE EDGE OF SEVENTEEN. For years I have been posting they should do a Doc Strange film and I thought the first was a mess despite being a Doc fan and the second far superior. Deadpool 2 was kind of ‘meh’ for me in comparison to 1, which I rank in my top five favorites. For me She-Hulk is just a real joy to watch. It is funny, dialogue is snappy, love Jen’s 4th Wall breaks. IS it sometimes over the top or in your face with a message? Yeah, but at least for me it gives me something to think about.

People obviously have different tastes. It is a sad thing when that results in conflict.

Unfortunately, there are those that due to the early successes of MCU Phase I and II (III had some rough spots) they are extremely protective if you imply any dissatisfaction.

MCU_Phases.PNG.f2ed2f9a6315e1bb32c4c7c585710bb6.PNG

As far as disappointment across the forum, I guess that depends on the party making the accusation and what they feel is acceptable.

Gunna be a few more names on here soon...

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/112-moderation-action-public-records/

Bunch a kerfuffle over a comic based TV show. All publicity is good publicity right?

Average show, re-introduced Charlie Cox so that 's a huge plus for me!

Just watched the show and didn't really care much for it. My wife thought the cgi was terrible, my daughter who likes she hulk didn't care for it either. I only watched it for the DD scenes but unless another good character pops up I definitely won't be watching again.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:10 PM, Mmanick said:

Just watched the show and didn't really care much for it. My wife thought the cgi was terrible, my daughter who likes she hulk didn't care for it either. I only watched it for the DD scenes but unless another good character pops up I definitely won't be watching again.

The CGI is shockingly bad.  She-Hulk's face looks like Princess Fiona from Shrek.

Re: the finale

kudos to Marvel to go there and make fun of themselves and fanbois

series itself was more miss than hit but at least it knew what it wanted to be and if you are going to do humor better the kind here than the forced garbage of Waititi

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

In a recent interview with Marvel.com, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law showrunner Jessica Gao reveals how Feige had only one complaint about the series finale's surprise twist. Although he had no qualms about being turned into an A.I., he had an issue with the robot wearing the Marvel Studios President's trademark "black baseball hat." Gao explains that Feige objected to that addition to the character, saying that it did not make any sense. Read what the series showrunner says below:

"I wrote in the -script that when she sees this big AI machine, it's wearing a little black baseball hat, a classic Kevin Feige-style black baseball hat. When the [visual development team] was showing us different possible sketches of K.E.V.I.N., they were all wearing little hats. No matter what type of robot or machine it was, it was wearing a little black baseball hat on top. [Human] Kevin said, ‘Well, that doesn't make a lick of sense, why would a robot wear a hat?’ I said, ‘That's the part that doesn't make sense to you, Kevin, that is the line of logic that you won't cross, we have you represented as an AI brain that is controlling all of the Marvel Cinematic Universes, but the thing that you can't get past is that it might have a hat on top of the machine?’ And he said, ‘Yeah.’ "

:insane:

I love how the characters in the show used a video of Jen twerking to get the chuds at intelligencia riled up, in the exact same way her twerking with meg the stallion got so many people IRL in an uproar - like the haters predictably played right into the shows plot points shows the writers knew exactly how this stuff would play out and makes it all the sweeter.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 10/13/2022 at 5:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

@TupennyConan you know we can't decide these things on our own - help us Tupennykenobi. You're our only hope!

master-holocrob.gif.489fddadc9d7cf8228abaa3a02bc4e74.gif

You can count on me but not until tomorrow night. :foryou: