• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
19 19

2,043 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2024 at 1:53 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@littledoom it's this one, I think it is thick like a trade paperback and I assumed cgc didn't grade it, but later realized that they do.

I want to say we've discussed it before. Lol

Screenshot_20240610-175203.png

It’s a standard comic book with maybe a few extra pages.  This book and Avatar Illustrated 1998 are his first appearances.  Avatar Illustrated was suppose to be released prior to Dreamwalker 0 with a one page appearance but that book was late to the stands so this book ended up being his first appearance (4 page preview).  But there is a prior appearance that is Goon’s prototype called “Monster Boy” who only appeared in Best Cellars 1.

IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_1906.jpeg

IMG_1927.jpeg

IMG_1904.jpeg

IMG_1820.jpeg

Edited by Parabellum

On 8/16/2024 at 8:25 AM, Parabellum said:

It’s a standard comic book with maybe a few extra pages.  This book and Avatar Illustrated 1998 are his first appearances.  Avatar Illustrated was suppose to be released prior to Dreamwalker 0 with a one page appearance but that book was late to the stands so this book ended up being his first appearance (4 page preview).  But there is a prior appearance that is Goon’s prototype called “Monster Boy” who only appeared in Best Cellars 1.

thanks for the extra knowledge! :headbang:

When I had passed on it in the dollar bins, I want to say it was thick enough that I almost thought it was a tpb, but if the regular printing was not?

Then I feel better having let others there have it, as it could then have been a tpb reprint that I passed on? One of those times when trying to be nice or polite and thoughtful just left me with more questions lol:makepoint: 

On 8/16/2024 at 4:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

thanks for the extra knowledge! :headbang:

When I had passed on it in the dollar bins, I want to say it was thick enough that I almost thought it was a tpb, but if the regular printing was not?

Then I feel better having let others there have it, as it could then have been a tpb reprint that I passed on? One of those times when trying to be nice or polite and thoughtful just left me with more questions lol:makepoint: 

FYI Eric Powell stated that he considers The Goon 1 the true first appearance.

On 8/16/2024 at 8:31 AM, Parabellum said:

FYI Eric Powell stated that he considers The Goon 1 the true first appearance.

@Parabellum 

All good, I shouldn't have passed on it, and edit to say, you'll enjoy Aliens Romulos, I've seen it and will fit in nicely with your nostalgia and avoiding spoilers!

On 8/16/2024 at 8:34 AM, Parabellum said:

Good to know because I was going to pass on seeing it.

wow! and here I even passed on tagging F for Fake, because I thought y'all were avoiding spoilers lol but no worries :cheers: 

I'm not a Alien buff, and it had moments of :sick: so lol My brother and I were like Alien Fans will love it! Would we suggest it for a random movie goer? = meh 

Late post, but these were the books given away at last weekends D23 Ultimate Fan Expo.  The first two were given away at the Marvel Comics panel discussing 50 years of Wolverine.  The last book was the giveaway at the talent (Humberto Ramos, Jason Aaron, CB Cebulski) signing which lasted an hour.  I was actually the third person in line when the signing event ended, but was lucky enough to find someone on the Expo floor right before the weekend ended who had an extra copy and was willing to make a trade for it.  Super lucky.

IMG_6406.thumb.jpg.a341e4a299bd1806a0cf38c4e52e9bbb.jpg

IMG_6417.thumb.jpg.d25b7f1db71f6358dc6637c4eed2c6ee.jpg

CDN media

On 7/26/2024 at 4:25 AM, Otter1775 said:

Absolutely love those series. They were the ones I started to collect, when I got back into collecting around 1997. I’ve got graded copies of Witchblade #1 & SS Darkness #1 Platinum Edition. Thanks for posting. 

IMG_1939.jpeg

IMG_2526.jpeg

I’m still looking for the platinums of both Witchblade #10 & Darkness #1.