• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay purchase: Would you force a return?

77 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I offer returns and pay for return shipping. Case closed.

Again debatable... if there is a defect on the item then I pay for return shipping.  When a comic slab showed up shattered, I took the whole thing back and paid for it both ways.  When an item had a mechanical defect that I should have noticed, I took it back. 

I will not take returns for buyer remorse... same thing we frown upon here... 

No returns turns away people, who I may not want to be dealing with to begin with. 

So... customer service to customers is actually excellent. 

Case closed yourself. 

I can do this for the duration of my train ride.  Feel free to entertain. 

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Again debatable... if there is a defect on the item then I pay for return shipping.  When a comic slab showed up shattered, I took the whole thing back and paid for it both ways.  When an item had a mechanical defect that I should have noticed, I took it back. 

I will not take returns for buyer remorse... same thing we frown upon here... 

No returns turns away people, who I may not want to be dealing with to begin with. 

So... customer service to customers is actually excellent. 

Case closed yourself. 

I can do this for the duration of my train ride.  Feel free to entertain. 

:facepalm:

58 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

:facepalm:

hm slow week? RMA isn’t playing with you ?  

I kid... I kid...

agree to disagree... I see your statements as foolish in the same way you view mine 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

hm slow week? RMA isn’t playing with you ?  

I kid... I kid...

agree to disagree... I see your statements as foolish in the same way you view mine 

Of course, because so many people in this very thread stated how anxious they are to do business with people who don't offer returns.

Shouldn't you be busy telling Kav how to behave in PM's? :baiting:

If you are a seller whether you like it or not never refuse a book which a buyer ships back. If you loose and book gets returned to the buyer cause you refused to accept - you will be out of both the book and money

9 minutes ago, Poka said:

If you are a seller whether you like it or not never refuse a book which a buyer ships back. If you loose and book gets returned to the buyer cause you refused to accept - you will be out of both the book and money

"lose"

sorry it's a pet peeve of mine.

20 minutes ago, Poka said:

There are exceptions to that as well as I have found out. 

Scenario:  I was asked by a relative to sell a Coach Handbag for them about ten years ago? I offered returns at the time. 

• Buyer hits the BIN but after paying wants it shipped to a different address claiming they moved and didn't change it in eBay
  • I decline that and offer to relist it and she can buy it again after fixing the address.
  • She declined and said it was her relatives address and would just pick it up.  She did not like that I would not just ship it to another address. 
  • She receives the bag and then claimed it was fake.  (It wasn't - my family had the bill of sale on the Coach site.) 
  • She wanted a refund and said it wasn't worth sending back because she said it was fake. (She wanted to keep the bag)
  • eBay initially sided with her (Stupidly I offered returns at the time) 
  • Money is frozen as it is removed from available PayPal funds
  • Buyer is supposed to send the bag out but she NEVER SENT IT OUT

After a few days after the deadline had been reached I called up eBay and asked what was going on.  They noticed that the buyer  had still not sent it out.  They reversed the reversal and awarded the funds back to me.  All of a sudden she decided to send the bag back.  I sat outside on a lawn chair with a cooler and declined to accept the package.  I never heard from her again. 

How stupid is she?  She tried the same thing with the other account I run a couple of years later. 

Yeah... no returns anymore... it may keep some responsible and reputable buyers away and that is unfortunate... however, I don't seem to deal with the riff raff as much anymore.   

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I sat outside on a lawn chair with a cooler and declined to accept the package. 

:roflmao:

20 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Of course, because so many people in this very thread stated how anxious they are to do business with people who don't offer returns.

Shouldn't you be busy telling Kav how to behave in PM's? :baiting:

He is his own person.  There are people on the boards that have PM'd me and said, not a fight worth fighting, when it comes to certain people here. I have appreciated that.  Maybe I should not have done that when I did that with Kav.  I have made mistakes here and have apologized to a few people publicly or privately or clarified what the sentiment has been.  There have been people here that have done the same toward me.

As far as the people in the thread that do not do business with people who do not offer returns OR are anxious about it?  The world is bigger than the boards. I am very happy with my sales.  While my policies are unfortunate in that it may turn away some reputable buyers that I would like to have, the trade off has been worth it. I have not had a lot of the eBay drama that I used to have since eliminating a return policy and started using the global shipping program. I will gladly make that trade off. 

15 minutes ago, kav said:

:roflmao:

Hey, when I am working, I am working round the clock and have little downtime.  When I have downtime like I did in a few weeks ago, I get outside stuff done or sit back and bum around making up for lost time. 

6 minutes ago, AJD said:

Before this your description was just an interesting approach to business.

But this takes ebay selling to the level of performance art. lol

I had to.  You didn't want the UPS guy to just drop it at the steps as I had to verbally decline delivery.  lol 

I have done that before as a buyer as well.  One time I wanted to personally be there when a package arrived.   The Fed Ex route driver at the time had a nasty habit of just leaving parcels on the steps or signing for the recipient or delivering to the wrong address or a combination of any of those.  When I made a rather large purchase I realized that it might be best to sit outside and wait for the package because if the driver took any short cuts and someone picked up the package I would never see it again. 

Porch Pirates are a big thing where I am. 

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I had to.  You didn't want the UPS guy to just drop it at the steps as I had to verbally decline delivery.  lol 

I have done that before as a buyer as well.  One time I wanted to personally be there when a package arrived.   The Fed Ex route driver at the time had a nasty habit of just leaving parcels on the steps or signing for the recipient or delivering to the wrong address or a combination of any of those.  When I made a rather large purchase I realized that it might be best to sit outside and wait for the package because if the driver took any short cuts and someone picked up the package I would never see it again. 

Porch Pirates are a big thing where I am. 

we have porch yellers over here.  Transients who just walk up on someone's porch when theyre not home, and start yelling at the world.