• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Genuine or fake Stan Lee signatures
3 3

71 posts in this topic

So I got caught up on this scam from the seller and of course by the time I finally got JSA/CGC to review and receive the book back as being not authentic, there was no recourse from me to get my money back.  Only after a threat of chargeback the seller finally relented and refunded me but I'm still out of the $130 in fees etc to get it authenticated and graded.  I tried to leave negative feedback but this guy is good and got it removed within hours of being posted using an unknown loophole.

Buyers beware, as you can see by his current and past auctions, he has been racking up

image.thumb.png.9e27d6f47797924f492252d7ff03e814.png

CGC4476663-001_OBV.jpg

On 9/25/2024 at 3:36 PM, obsidian00 said:

So I got caught up on this scam from the seller and of course by the time I finally got JSA/CGC to review and receive the book back as being not authentic, there was no recourse from me to get my money back.  Only after a threat of chargeback the seller finally relented and refunded me but I'm still out of the $130 in fees etc to get it authenticated and graded.  I tried to leave negative feedback but this guy is good and got it removed within hours of being posted using an unknown loophole.

Buyers beware, as you can see by his current and past auctions, he has been racking up

CGC4476663-001_OBV.jpg

Sorry to hear it.  

In general it's just smarter to buy a signature witnessed by CGC.  I understand that will initially cost more but at least you know what you're getting is real.

On 9/25/2024 at 5:36 PM, obsidian00 said:

CGC4476663-001_OBV.jpg

That sucks, but they both look pretty real, especially the Byrne.

Yeah, I was really going for the Byrne verification more than Stan Lee which would have been a bonus and they looked really good.

Even though I presented proof to Ebay that these autos are counterfeit, they are still letting him sell these types of books.  They even removed my negative feedback..

Only chance is to keep on reporting his listings..

On 9/28/2024 at 7:14 AM, s-man said:

If he sent you the money back there is a 90% chance ebay will remove any negative feedback you left. If you mentioned feedback in any message you sent him there is 100% chance of having the feedback removed. Threatening a chargeback? Yeah I'm pretty sure ebay would remove any feedback you left after that.

I bought an infinity gauntlet 1-6 with #1. supposedly signed by Stan Lee.  I thought it looked good at first, but after a while of looking online at other sigs, it didn’t seem right to me.  The end of the sig doesn’t look right.  The problem is Stan’s signature varied so much over the years.  I paid an extra $35 for the set with a signed book compared to an unsigned set.  This seller had a lot of unverified sigs (which should have been a red flag to me) as well as a few witnessed slabs for sale.  He refused to allow me to return it and it was past 30 days so EBay told me to pound sand too.  Live and learn.  At least I got a decent 1-6 set.  I bought an unsigned #1 to replaced the probably fake signed one.  I will for sure go witnessed next time. 

IMG_1883.thumb.png.d0a8b3d8bf166881fd62847fc2bec955.png

yes,prolly-fake

Most-of-my-stuff-isnt-stickered.....fact-is-stickers-is-NO-guarantee-whatsoever-that-its-real

Its-just-their-opinion&doesnt-mean-anything-if-seller-wont-refund

I-know-that-my-stuff-is-real.....I-met-Rigg/West/Newmar/Xfiles,among-others

I-spend-many-hrs-researching-a-sig-prior-to-purchase.....if-in-doubt,walk-away

Unless-its-super-htf-there-will-be-more-on-market

Edited by postersandstuff

On 9/30/2024 at 4:13 PM, DanJD said:

I bought an infinity gauntlet 1-6 with #1. supposedly signed by Stan Lee.  I thought it looked good at first, but after a while of looking online at other sigs, it didn’t seem right to me.  The end of the sig doesn’t look right.  The problem is Stan’s signature varied so much over the years.  I paid an extra $35 for the set with a signed book compared to an unsigned set.  This seller had a lot of unverified sigs (which should have been a red flag to me) as well as a few witnessed slabs for sale.  He refused to allow me to return it and it was past 30 days so EBay told me to pound sand too.  Live and learn.  At least I got a decent 1-6 set.  I bought an unsigned #1 to replaced the probably fake signed one.  I will for sure go witnessed next time. 

IMG_1883.thumb.png.d0a8b3d8bf166881fd62847fc2bec955.png

Common ebay fake style. Sorry. 

On 9/28/2024 at 7:14 AM, s-man said:

The problem with the Byrne is that is it very slowly drawn. No natural speed or flow. You need to assess more than just the "shape." 

The Lee has problems, too.

CGC4476663-001_OBV.jpg

I recognize that seller... one to avoid. Looks like he tried to slide one past JSA and failed. 

On 10/4/2024 at 12:04 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

I recognize that seller... one to avoid. Looks like he tried to slide one past JSA and failed. 

He's still selling stuff with fake signatures and he knows the returns are not allowed once JSA comes back.  I tried reporting his stuff and Ebay just ignores it...also blocks negative feedback.  This guy is a cancer to the collecting community.