• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is My LCS Ripping Me Off ?

102 posts in this topic

I thought I'd been polite?

I went out of my way to be polite.

I'm just not as worldly wise as some of you guys about comic books and I realise that I just wanted to learn.

How have I been condescending?

Well, take your first response to me. And you later talk to points I didn't see in your original post. Maybe not the best choice of words but all I'm saying is that people want to help. confused-smiley-013.gif

Let's just clean the slate and move on.

Mate, I don't know what happened here.

I've really been enjoying my time on the boards up until now.

I don't know if it's the writen word losing something in the writing but I've never meant to be rude or tearse in this thread and if that's the way I came off to you guys then I sincerely apologize.

If I seem somewhat naive when it comes to comic book dealing that's just because I am, I'm not in the league of most of the board members here as a collector and don't claim to be.

I think the same holds true for the States once you get out of the City. The only time I lived outside the city for a good period of time (2 months) was when I was doing some bridge inspection work near Saginaw, Michigan. Everywhere I went people would say hi to me, and were generally very friendly.

The big Zilwaukee? bridge?

Yes sir. It was a pain in the behind since we had to inspect the entire concrete box girder ineterior in the dar, with a few bats flying around, while driving and stopping with golf carts. However, it did help me get over my fear of heights since we had to use manlifts and reach-alls to reach some of the bridge segments and piers. I guess during its construction during the early 80's, one of the bridge segments collapsed or something, so a lot of people are somewhat afraid to drive over it, even though it's in much better shape than most bridges out there. We did the inspection back in 1997.

well, Sterling's been spending a lot of time away from home and his new baby, so he's going to be testy. poke2.gif

really, here's what's happened; lately, there has been a rash of n00bs coming around and asking questions of the community. members, nice group that they are - and tth2 being no exception - have taken time to give honest, forthright, and often time-consuming answers.

then, the n00b basically ignores the advice.

this can prove quite irritating.

now, in your specific instance, it was unclear whether or not you had already purchased the items in question, or were asking the forum's advice whether or not you were in danger of being ripped off.

when you posted later about having already made the purchase, it seemed that once again, the forum's advice was being disregarded.

this can prove quite irritating.

for the future, i recommend you put this behind you, and watch how tth2 treats other forum members before you draw a line in the sand with respect to him.

but watch out for that Sterling. if you have any high-grade Bronze DC horror on you, it's like chum in the water to that bloke, and you'll be lucky to make it out alive

I feel like #@%* now, I really had no idea that's how I came across.

I've got nothing but respect for the opinions that you guys have.I lerked on this forum for quite a while before joining trying to learn as much as I could so I wouldn't come off as a "newb"

Talk about getting shot down frown.gif

I've got nothing but respect for the opinions that you guys have.I lerked on this forum for quite a while before joining trying to learn as much as I could so I wouldn't come off as a "newb"

Don't worry about it. My first week here I got into a 4 page spat with Joe Collector. However, other than a few minor skirmishes here and there, everything has been smooth sailing.

Don't worry about it. My first week here I got into a 4 page spat with Joe Collector. However, other than a few minor skirmishes here and there, everything has been smooth sailing.

My first week involved a 4 or 5 page flame war with Red Hook. Most of us go through it. Sorta like a initiation.

I'm not the sort of person who likes flaming or arguing with people, I like to get along with everyone and in life and I usually do.

I guess I can't really express myself as well in the writen word as I do face to face.

My first week involved a 4 or 5 page flame war with Red Hook. Most of us go through it. Sorta like a initiation.

I remember, that was a fun thread to read. Do you think we can have a rematch one day? popcorn.gif

Don't get down on yourself. Chalk it up to experience and move on. thumbsup2.gif

well, Sterling's been spending a lot of time away from home and his new baby, so he's going to be testy. poke2.gif

Oh yeah, the baby is still in the womb. Origin and First Appearance of New Baby expected in December. I plan on bringing them BOTH to the next con for your added enjoyment 27_laughing.gif

Don't worry about tth2. He shot me down when I stepped out of line as a newbie as well. Give it time and read a few more of his posts and then you can ignore or laugh at him like everyone else. tongue.gif

I remember, that was a fun thread to read. Do you think we can have a rematch one day? popcorn.gif

No chance sumo.gif

As long as he keeps his jibes about my mice to himself tongue.gifstooges.gif

Yeah I was also under the impression that you had walked out of the store not having bought the books and that you wanted us to help figure out if this was a rip-off.

Rereading what tth2 highlighted earlier, your story was ambiguous on that point and could be read either way.

Understand that giving solicited advise only to see it disregarded has to be one of most everyone worst pet peeve and apparently is high on tth2's personal list.

Chalk it up to experience. If kiltman was able to survive his first week on the boards, you can tongue.gif

Yeah I was also under the impression that you had walked out of the store not having bought the books and that you wanted us to help figure out if this was a rip-off.

Hmmm, yeah. On going back and checking my original post I was ambiguous about it, I guess I assumed everyone would realise I bought the books.

I'm a pretty mild mannered sort of guy and I don't like causing a fuss so I just bought the comics even though I was P.O'd at the service and price.

That's just the way I am, unfortunately that means I get walked over sometimes, but I'll never buy comics from that store again.

Understand that giving solicited advise only to see it disregarded has to be one of most everyone worst pet peeve and apparently is high on tth2's personal list.

Understood

Chalk it up to experience. If kiltman was able to survive his first week on the boards, you can tongue.gif

It's a bit like the first week of bootcamp but I think I'll make it wink.gif