• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it a Pedigree? Obscure markings? Ask the "Experts"
5 5

110 posts in this topic

Calling all Experts.

I couldnt find a scan of my copy of Mysterious Traveler so I searched my computer and found the pic and an email that stated it was a Crippen book. Can anyone verify this?

Transaction Date: Aug. 20, 2009
For Tales of the Mysterious Traveler #1 FN+ 6.5 Crippen Pedigree

MysteriousTraveler1.jpg.ed78244527919ac566d09226899faa0e.jpg

Edited by Jayman

On 4/11/2024 at 7:25 PM, Jayman said:

Calling all Experts.

I couldnt find a scan of my copy of Mysterious Traveler so I searched my computer and found the pic and an email that stated it was a Crippen book. Can anyone verify this?

Transaction Date: Aug. 20, 2009
For Tales of the Mysterious Traveler #1 FN+ 6.5 Crippen Pedigree

MysteriousTraveler1.jpg.ed78244527919ac566d09226899faa0e.jpg

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/horror/mysterious-traveler-comics-1-davis-crippen-d-copy-pedigree-trans-world-1948-condition-vf-/a/17014-17346.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

On 4/11/2024 at 7:42 PM, Jayman said:

I guess that settles it! lol

Thank you! (thumbsu

It should have come with a certificate signed by Lon Allen, and he'd probably be willing to help out if you need another one.

On 4/11/2024 at 7:51 PM, adamstrange said:

It should have come with a certificate signed by Lon Allen, and he'd probably be willing to help out if you need another one.

I’m going to dig it out tonight to look. I think I just may have forgotten about it!

On 4/11/2024 at 7:51 PM, adamstrange said:

Found it! Here’s a better scan and a signed cert by Lon. Totally forgot about this one! :blush:

Mysterious Traveler # 1.jpg

Mysterious Traveler # 1 Crippen Cert.jpg

On 4/11/2024 at 7:56 PM, Jayman said:

And it does RM! :acclaim:

IMG_3284.jpeg

Cool! I love the codes especially since it was broken. They aren’t on all of them though.

A while ago, I picked up an unoted Crippen from Harley at a show. I wanted it either way. But before I bought it, I did the usual look through and page count as I always do. And there it was. No COA though.

Nice book by the way. One that has always eluded me…