• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 5
7 7

388 posts in this topic

I initially and for the first hour was 2.0 and 7.5.

then I broke my rule of submitting within 60 seconds so went 6.5 on Conan. 

I'm happy tho all I wanted for christmas was 4 pts this round.

1 minute ago, Black_Adam said:

Totally missed the Brittle notation. Reading is hard. :makepoint:

Not just "Brittle Pages" but more importantly "multiple pages split and detached".  

You're going to see grades from 0.5 all the way to 9.0. :facepalm: 

I post those notes for a reason, people. Please read them. :wishluck: 

Word of advice...if I may be so bold...sometimes, when you're completely unsure of the grade, and because of the way the scoring system is...sometimes, it's better to not give any grade at all, rather than take a -1. 

Sorta like the SATs.

:whistle:

2 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

Easily my worse round yet. Should I start tanking now for the Boobie Prize? Shoot for a top draft pick in next year's draft like the Miami Dolphins?

Pick up your socks. 2c 

I definitely think I've been overthinking the previous rounds. I just looked and guessed and I did great. Previously I overthink, and I start getting paranoid and thinking it's a trap so if it looks like an 8.0 OBVIOUSLY it's like a 4.5 and I shoot myself in the foot. From now on, I'm just shooting off my guess day 1

Just now, Point Five said:

Andy, just curious: on the Conan's top edge back cover, was this a tear or just a dirt mark? I couldn't decide.

1985883551_ScreenShot2019-09-30at10_08_34PM.png.e98a17a20c444e9690c6f64929caa001.png

water stain

Just now, Point Five said:

Andy, just curious: on the Conan's top edge back cover, was this a tear or just a dirt mark? I couldn't decide.

1985883551_ScreenShot2019-09-30at10_08_34PM.png.e98a17a20c444e9690c6f64929caa001.png

I have to look at the book.  From that scan, it looks dirty.