• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Interest In A Contest?
1 1

18 posts in this topic

I know some other threads have a weekly cover contest. No prize (other than bragging rights) but each week a theme or topic is presented, people post pics of their entries and then at the end of the week, we vote.

Winner gets to pick the next contest. I can take charge on tallying votes and even posting a new topic once the winner shares what they wish it to be. Any interest in this? Has it been done here? Or do people here already do this on other forums and feel that is enough for them? All thoughts and opinions welcome :)

Okay just gauging interest. You also dont have to participate every week. For example, if week one was "Post a pic of a cover with a dog on it" and you say "I hate dogs! Chameleons for life!", then skip it. However if you see a cover in that week's contest you like, you can still vote. 

Then, if the winner wants covers with lizards on them and you are like "Heck yeah!" and post one, you can. Its not a forced contest and is more an opportunity to see some stuff you may not have before. 

22 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Ditch used to run a fun contest and kept score for bragging rights.  he used to slowly reveal parts of a cover and we had to guess what cover it was.

Yeah it would be similar to this concept, except winners each week pick the theme or topic or subject and others post full images of the cover they are submitting. Then at weeks end, anyone who participated or anyone who wants to can vote. 

6 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Ditch used to run a fun contest and kept score for bragging rights.  he used to slowly reveal parts of a cover and we had to guess what cover it was.

That type of contest is my favourite.  I really like the detective work involved.  Dan / Bronty also had a great one which was similar, back in 2010.