• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scorsese slams MCU

221 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2019 at 5:06 AM, bentbryan said:

All this demonstrates is that you could have created some of the most iconic, beloved movies off all time and emotionally still be a jealous little beoatch. 

hm

Jealous? You don’t think Scorsese or Coppola would be given the reins to any super hero they wanted if they were willing to do so? And given a fortune for doing it

33 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Jealous? You don’t think Scorsese or Coppola would be given the reins to any super hero they wanted if they were willing to do so? And given a fortune for doing it

c'mon Scorsese & Coppola have only directed 6 of the AFI top 100 US films of all time, just think where they could've been if they had gotten a crack at: Suicide Squad, Green Lantern, AOU, IM2, IM3, Amazing Spider-Man 2; Justice League, etc- the possibilities are mind boggling :ohnoez:

6 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

iger.thumb.PNG.f31e080c8087651588bacb575bba30c6.PNG1916573557_iger2.thumb.PNG.a4f569fab45ddb81403ad45f2f0a6e12.PNG

Another point to that article I think is, MCU and the likes probably are saving cinema.  I mean with streaming and how good TV is nowadays I only goto the movies to see blockbusters.  I do like dramas, comedies and the artsy movies also but like I said, there is so much good TV now I just wait until they are available to rent or on  HBO or on Netflix etc.

29 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Another point to that article I think is, MCU and the likes probably are saving cinema.  I mean with streaming and how good TV is nowadays I only goto the movies to see blockbusters.  I do like dramas, comedies and the artsy movies also but like I said, there is so much good TV now I just wait until they are available to rent or on  HBO or on Netflix etc.

I think you mean New Line Cinema (Blade franchise), Sony (Spider-Man franchise), Fox (X-Men franchise), WB (Superman, Batman, etc.) and MCU as without the groundwork of each to prove out comic book films could be a massive success these would be those small productions of old. Including getting Ike Perlmutter to sign off on Marvel Studios leading to the biggest franchise in cinema history.

25 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I think you mean New Line Cinema (Blade franchise), Sony (Spider-Man franchise), Fox (X-Men franchise), WB (Superman, Batman, etc.) and MCU as without the groundwork of each to prove out comic book films could be a massive success these would be those small productions of old. Including getting Ike Perlmutter to sign off on Marvel Studios leading to the biggest franchise in cinema history.

I just meant, without comic/action/SciFi movies etc that I "have to see ASAP", I would probably not go to the movies anymore. I would wait. I can't think of the last non-comic/action/sci movie I have seen in the theater now that I think if it....  That being said, "The Light House" looks really good and I may see that in the theater.

Edit: Plus movies come to video so fast nowadays. It's not like you have to wait that long anymore.

Edited by Xenosmilus

7 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Its definetly got fans going...DC did a good job with Joker giving it that means streets feel to it. Tbf Scorsese is being a bit harsh on a multi billion dollar franchise

I think Coppola was much tougher with that comment these Marvel movies were 'despicable'. Despicable?

Again, they are focusing the attention on Disney and MCU fans and not on the studios actually trying to model the success of comic book films in general.