• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,036 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2022 at 7:09 PM, The Meta said:

I know there is information on the forum stating Image newsstand dates

The Maxx issue 35 was printed Feb 98

I have seen those, but even if the dates line up. I still have not seen any issues later than 27 that are newsstand.  

On 4/8/2022 at 5:45 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have seen those, but even if the dates line up. I still have not seen any issues later than 27 that are newsstand.  

Me neither, so curious to know myself if that is the last newsstand issue before strictly direct

On 4/11/2022 at 4:06 PM, George Brent said:

I'd been actively looking for a high grade newsstand copy of ASM #693 for, literally, more than 9 years, then found two copies in the 9.2-9.6 range within a couple of weeks last month:

that's how it always happens.. 15-20 years with no luck finding a copy then within the span or a month of two you find 4-5 copies for cheap lol

Edited by littledoom

On 4/12/2022 at 3:36 PM, paqart said:

Just got a few newsstand Bones. I don't like the series but my wife loves it, so I figured, why not? besides, I have heard that these are worth something, hopefully more than I paid. I grabbed the Star Wars Tales on an impulse, though I was disappointed when I opened it up and saw that it has the "square binding wave" problem. A press will fix it but as-is it doesn't look that great. The Bones on the other hand, are in great shape.

Bones (2).jpg

I just found out that the collectible Bones were published by Cartoon Books, not Image. I didn't know Image had published these, so I assumed they were all CB. So, I did not a get a great deal but at least my wife has some comics she didn't have before.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:36 PM, paqart said:

Just got a few newsstand Bones. I don't like the series but my wife loves it, so I figured, why not? besides, I have heard that these are worth something, hopefully more than I paid. I grabbed the Star Wars Tales on an impulse, though I was disappointed when I opened it up and saw that it has the "square binding wave" problem. A press will fix it but as-is it doesn't look that great. The Bones on the other hand, are in great shape.

Bones (2).jpg

Nice, I have some Bone 1 newsstands somewhere.

On 4/13/2022 at 3:26 PM, paqart said:

I just found out that the collectible Bones were published by Cartoon Books, not Image. I didn't know Image had published these, so I assumed they were all CB. So, I did not a get a great deal but at least my wife has some comics she didn't have before.

If they are in great shape, I’d be interested (saw this auction and you beat me to it lol). Send me a PM.