• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
2 2

353 posts in this topic

Western Comics 10

Chips off  three of the four  corners FC, dust shadows  BC,   general  wear.  Flat and tight,  bit of gloss left,  offwhite - white pages.

Asking  $20  SOLD!

Y0BSqcJ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Feature Comics 122

Plenty of general wear,  small pieces out  spine,   light  soiling,  upper spine  split  about halfway.  Interior is tight, offwhite pages.

Grab a GA  reader for $10

Jgzqvr0.jpg

Werewolf By Night 37

Early Moon Knight  appearance

Pulled  staple on  CF,  general  wear, bunch of  teeny  indentations on FC,  may not be visible in scan  but they're surely there.  
Good gloss,  white pages.

Asking $5

6hg78V1.jpg

World's Finest 54

Two tiny tears  at  lower  staple, couple tiny  chips,  otherwise flat,  tight, clean,  good  gloss,  tight spine  and CF,  tight pages.

Asking  $300

6K22AtN.jpg

Animated Funny Comic-Tunes 17  (Funny  Tunes  in indicia)

Fall  1944,  Timely

Funny  Animal  stories,   but  features  a  full page  ad for Sentinels of Liberty,   featuring Captain America  and Bucky.

Small  ink  name FC,  tiny   ink  circle  in  indicia, dust shadow  lower  BC.  Otherwise flat,  glossy,  clean,  tight  spine  and CF,  offwhite - white pages.

Asking  $150,  pretty  firm on this one. 

AYEQiAI.jpg

Tales Of Suspense 2

Chipping  RH edge FC,  good sized  corner  off  upper LH  BC  with  a  long tear to boot.  Some other general wear.

Flat  and tight,  good  gloss,  offwhite pages.

Rerun from  a previous  thread, asking   $100, FIRM

mRuv7if.jpg

htVQ6W3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

36 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Archie  Comics 38

Looks great,  but there's a long  horizontal  strip   torn off the upper  edge BC.  Sigh...

Glossy  and tight,   flat,  white pages...and a good sized  chunk  missing. 

Asking $25

vroVIff.jpg

luTvfNe.jpg

Take it per PM

Here we  go,  last comic  for  the morning.  I'll be back this evening  with   early Sergeant Furys , and Barry  Smith  Conans,  and maybe a  surprise or two, 

Xmas Comics 1

As far as I  know,  the  biggest  American  comic book  printed.  320 pages  plus  covers,  this is tied  with  Xmas 2,  and Gift 1 and 2, 
all printed  in the same format,  five  complete  GA  comics  plus  the cardboard  covers.

1" Split lower  spine BC, 1" split  upper spine FC, plus  a  tear on spine,  pencil  inside of the logo FC, general  wear,  see the scans. Tight  with  white pages.

Asking $750

Mbte2cb.jpg

jG3hV1m.jpg

Note:  according to O'street,    the Xmas 1   contains the following:

Whiz 21
Captain Marvel Adventures 3
Bulletman 2
Wow 3
Master 18

That's  a whooooole  lot  of GA  Fawcett  Goodness. 

But I may be  slightly   prejudiced,  the  first  GA  comic I  ever got my hands on was Xmas  2. 

If you  look  at  early  Overstreets,   circa issues  6  through 12,   that's MY  old  copy  pictured.  
I  got it in high school,  circa  1969 or 1970,  traded it off  for  early  Marvels  around  1974.  
Evidently    later owner sent it in  to  Overstreet  and he used  it  for the  B&W  photo  they ran for some years
It had  enough  large  flaws  that  I recognized it immediately,   lol

Edited by catrick339

19 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Western Comics 8

Flat and  tight,   bit of  general  wear,   light  soiling  BC,  offwhite - white pages.

Asking $50

JnfimnI.jpg

18 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Wonder Woman 165

Touch of  spine/stacking roll, some general  wear.  Tight  with  white pages.

Asking $10

9yOZAh5.jpg

6 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Western Comics 10

Chips off  three of the four  corners FC, dust shadows  BC,   general  wear.  Flat and tight,  bit of gloss left,  offwhite - white pages.

Asking  $20

Y0BSqcJ.jpg

I’ll take it 

Western Comics 8  is  SOLD!
Western Comics 10 is SOLD!
Wonder Woman is  SOLD!

Thanks  Eddy707!

(Rick gestures invitingly  at  the  copy of Western  Comics 5  waaay  back on page 3)

All right,  time to  tear the place up!

Tonight, is  9 early Conans,  8 early Sergeant Furys,. and  three oddballs to round things out  two  twenty books,   Let's get started. 

The  Conans should  average about  F  or so,  the  Furys  around VG,  and  I'll  note  any  flaws, but I'm not  going to type out a full description 
unless  there's a  LOT  of stuff  wrong. 

Conan The Barbarian 6

Bit of wear,  glossy,  white pages

Asking $20

Conan 16

Reprints Conan  story from Savage Tales 1,  and  a  Conanesque  tryout story  that predates Conan 1

Bit of wear,   glossy white pages

Asking $10

2FsBs4U.jpg