• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2023 at 1:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

Yes. But with Black Adam the Audience Score actually shifted from 90% on its opening day

Not every superhero movie needs to be The Dark Knight!Its comics guys remember when you were a kid and things wasn’t so serious!!!

Edited by Bo1983

On 2/22/2023 at 1:26 PM, Bo1983 said:

Not every superhero movie needs to be The Dark Knight!Its comics guys remember when you were a kid and things wasn’t so serious!!!

I think you over-protect this topic. Relax. Not every Disney protection plan requires fanatic over-simplification to justify the actions.

:cheers:

I have zero desire to see this, and that’s saying a lot, since I really liked the first two.

But honestly? I’m burned out by Disney and Marvel, and after watching the trailer I feel like I’ve seen this movie a million times already.

The formula just isn’t exciting anymore.

Edited by Darkowl

The kids were off school yesterday so took them to see this. Still need to reflect a bit more but initial impression was a lot of visual but not much on the story, and this is from someone who really liked the first two. Pretty much a filler movie to kick off Phase 5 so hopefully things will pick up. Have the feeling they may get pretty messy with multi-verse/multi-Kangs and it will be difficult for the average movie goer to keep track of things. 

I'm just wondering how many more pointless movies with Kang they're going to try to poop out before we get the "Avengers" movie with a bunch of nobody "Avengers" that nobody wants to see that ends with the inevitable Matrix Revolutions style CGI crapfest with  a bunch of neverending Kangs charging at our heroes and being thrown all around like weightless Agent Smith clay dolls.

Can't wait!

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 2/22/2023 at 6:35 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I'm just wondering how many more pointless movies with Kang they're going to try to poop out before we get the "Avengers" movie with a bunch of nobody "Avengers" that nobody wants to see that ends with the inevitable Matrix Revolutions style CGI crapfest with  a bunch of neverending Kangs charging at our heroes and being thrown all around like weightless Agent Smith clay dolls.

Can't wait!

-J.

8DB84234-D251-403D-968A-489F072D4419.png

On 2/22/2023 at 8:41 PM, Jaydogrules said:

And the correct number is now 257M.  As I already stated, the "Italian" gross on thenumbers is egregiously incorrect.  Going to be very lucky to even hit 600M at this point.  Yet another MCU money loser.  

-J.

That’s a good number for Kangs first movie!

Just got home from seeing this with some friends. The best score one of our group gave it was 5.5. So the end result is yet another average/below average MCU film. Sigh, not what we needed out of the first film of phase 5.

It had some moments, when Kang was first introduced I found him ominous and interesting. Later that somehow faded. 

Overall this film is just all over the place and is somewhat lacking in the story. 

4 out of 10. meh

On 2/22/2023 at 10:06 PM, Artboy99 said:

Also Kang should have won this round. The defeat was rather "deus ex machina" / lame. I hated the end credits scene with the thousands of Kangs as well and think @Jaydogrules prediction will come true:

On 2/22/2023 at 4:35 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Can't wait!

-J.

I am actually fine with them introducing the "Council of Kangs" concept since I ended up with a handful of high grade Avengers #267 newsstand and CAD newsstand editions in a collection last summer. I think it should become the next $1000+ copper Marvel mega key personally as a result of this. UF 4 has only has 1 measly 1st appearance compared to the 10s/100s/1000s in Avengers #267................

Edited by kimik

On 2/22/2023 at 12:32 PM, Bosco685 said:

Wait. So when DC or Sony Marvel films get low Rotten Tomatoes ratings you gleefully post these things repeatedly in those threads with, "Sell it to Disney/MCU" but when critics turn on the MCU then it really doesn't matter?

didnt-see-that-one-coming-surprise.gif.2b73d644d6d64c3ef211446fa7e9b527.gif

If he didn't have double-standards, he'd have no standards at all.