• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's JOKER: THE SEQUEL directed by Todd Phillips (TBD)
3 3

296 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2024 at 8:28 AM, VintageComics said:

There's just so much corporate and media bias in everything now even the critics are formulaic. 

After initial negative reviews I still have high hopes for this. I agree that this movie is taking risks and that's great in this day and age. You don't move the needle without taking risks. Too many people have forgotten that. 

I think it looks funky and bizarre. I'm excited to see it, and I'm glad they're doing some oddball stuff.

On 9/8/2024 at 7:02 AM, Poutine said:

Is this a musical or not?

It doesn't really need to fit into a genre, does it?

Sometimes great art breaks genres. It may be a musical sometimes and a feature film other times. As long as it tells a story in a great way, I'm OK with it defying labels. 

We saw Beetlejuice last night and as Joker trailer was played last night, the audience seemed more engaged during this trailer than the others as the talking stopped across the theater.  It will be interesting to see how the audience reacts to the finished product.  

Edited by Buzzetta

On 9/8/2024 at 8:44 PM, Poutine said:

meh

I don't get it. (shrug)

Are you disappointed that it's not a musical? Or are you confused that some think it may be a musical?

On 9/8/2024 at 12:02 PM, Poutine said:

Is this a musical or not?

Several people involved with the project have said that it's not a musical.

Ms.Germanotta herself has said that it's not a musical.  

It seems to me that when the stars themselves are seemingly at pains to dispel the notion that it's a musical, then I can only draw one conclusion:

It's a musical.

Either way I don't care because Gaga & Phoenix are magnetic and I'd watch them in a film about ping pong balls.  I love the both of them.  Class actors.  :cloud9:

On 9/9/2024 at 3:07 PM, Bosco685 said:

This movie is using the current social mayhem in real life as a backdrop or a reinforcement for the movie. People can actually relate to it. 

This really does feel like it's going to be good from what I've seen so far. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 8/28/2024 at 11:03 AM, Bosco685 said:

Reminds me of the advertising they did for the original Batman movie. Just a Batman logo that was recognizable to fans (which was an extensive fan base) but had everyone else guessing. 

On 9/10/2024 at 7:23 AM, joeypost said:

Reminds me of the advertising they did for the original Batman movie. Just a Batman logo that was recognizable to fans (which was an extensive fan base) but had everyone else guessing. 

I was trying to remember why it looked familiar and you nailed it. 

All the Gaga fans are going to want to know more. 

Like I said, I think the marketing is brilliant.

I want this movie to succeed just so other non-traditional movies can be made, but I do not think it will. I do not believe it will be a complete failure but after the first week and word of mouth it will not have the kind of legs the first one did and have a much shorter audience run prior to going to streaming.