• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage starts charging credit card fee
1 1

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I am being stalked.

image.png.6fe661a80f32a5ccb49992fe13b83b21.png

Make sure your comics are wearing "protection".

Edited by lizards2

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

I lay a 1911 on my stacks on stacks on stacks when I go to sleep...

* note if you stack them really high they can potentially get spine roll.. just some caution.. lol 

also guessing a 1911 is some sort of firearm??? 

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is "spine roll" a good price to pay for "protection"?

Use Google, son! :mad:

depends on whose spine is rolling lol haha tried to be punny… is it bad that I am laughing at this a lot :facepalm:

I would google but dont care to google firearms and stuff.. all good.. 

3 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

depends on whose spine is rolling lol haha tried to be punny… is it bad that I am laughing at this a lot :facepalm:

I would google but dont care to google firearms and stuff.. all good.. 

Is the Big Canuck Brother watching?  :cool:

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

hm... you know they always are... lol and are ready to go with their hockey sticks and maple syrup.. :bigsmile:

Just now, WoWitHurts said:
13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Has anyone thought about those places that say they don't take cash?

Even though on U.S. currency it says "this is legal tender for ALL debts public and private"

They are not obligated to take cash. weird huh?

I haven't run into any place like that, but I do live way out there.

33 minutes ago, Krismusic said:
41 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

hm... you know they always are... lol and are ready to go with their hockey sticks and maple syrup.. :bigsmile:

image.png.99e4c7d3af76b66ef129c3489ae65783.png

I think many purchasers probably feel using a CC (as opposed to cash/check/debit card) for auction purchases offers certain protections that would otherwise not be available. What percent add-on any perceived protections may be worth is up to the user to decide. I prefer to deal in cash in person. Auctions are fun, but not my preferred buying method. I like talking and bargaining and using the power of cash. Laying 3 $100.00 bills on the table in front of the seller is a pretty good motivator in place of a drab credit card, especially if the sellers's wife is there. I still believe that cash is king.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
5 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:
19 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Has anyone thought about those places that say they don't take cash?

Even though on U.S. currency it says "this is legal tender for ALL debts public and private"

They are not obligated to take cash. weird huh?

I haven't run into any place like that, but I do live way out there.

It's mostly your online places like for example places that don't have a "physical presence", my dad being in the stone age and not ever having a CC or even using a DC used to run into them all the time...... Online places without an easy physical presence to arrive in person to pay the cash is the only place I can think of at the moment.........

What about places that only take a "cashiers check"? stuff like that.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Eliminating cash can be a substantial savings to a business, as it eliminates  someone making deposits and withdrawals, cuts down on potential internal theft and armed robbery.

The reason US currency says what it does about it being legal tender is so your landlord, for example, can't demand his rent in wolf pelts.  Just like an auto dealer won't let you pay for a car with pennies, nor a bodega let you buy a.stick of gum with a $100 Bill, no one is obligated to take cash if they don't want to. My old landlord only took checks or credit.cards( with a 3.5% surcharge).

6 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Eliminating cash can be a substantial savings to a business, as it eliminates  someone making deposits and withdrawals, cuts down on potential internal theft and armed robbery.

The reason US currency says what it does about it being legal tender is so your landlord, for example, can't demand his rent in wolf pelts.  Just like an auto dealer won't let you pay for a car with pennies, nor a bodega let you buy a.stick of gum with a $100 Bill, no one is obligated to take cash if they don't want to. My old landlord only took checks or credit.cards( with a 3.5% surcharge).

That's probably where all those videos of people paying bills with a laundry bag of pennies come from lol

I thought about that after I posted. I don't suggest anyone do that hahaha

32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's probably where all those videos of people paying bills with a laundry bag of pennies come from lol

I thought about that after I posted. I don't suggest anyone do that hahaha

we can't even try that in Canada any more as they eliminated the penny.. now it has to be in nickels lol