• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Limited Labels
1 1

9 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Steelrain41 said:

I hope so. I sent in some books simply because I like the labels. The Cap one in particular is awesome!

IMG_20191126_102732840.jpg

I'm not a fan myself. The label seeks your attention and in doing so detracts from the comic. The comic is the star, not the label. It sort of disrespects the cover artist too I feel. Don't look at that Kirby cover - look at my lovely label! 

I can understand why you do like it, as it does have a certain snazziness in isolation. But not sitting above a book. And certainly not above a book of a certain age, where the modern label art is at odds with the comic cover art which is from a completely different era. CGC should concentrate on subtle labels with accurate information. Not flashy gimmicks to inflate their coffers. 

44 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm not a fan myself. The label seeks your attention and in doing so detracts from the comic. The comic is the star, not the label. It sort of disrespects the cover artist too I feel. Don't look at that Kirby cover - look at my lovely label! 

I can understand why you do like it, as it does have a certain snazziness in isolation. But not sitting above a book. And certainly not above a book of a certain age, where the modern label art is at odds with the comic cover art which is from a completely different era. CGC should concentrate on subtle labels with accurate information. Not flashy gimmicks to inflate their coffers. 

I can totally understand where your coming from on that. I was a bit nervous on how it would turn out but I actually really like the juxtaposition between the old art and the newer. I enjoy being able to look at it and see how it looked 40 years ago compared to how the character looks today. Its definitely not for everyone and I wouldn't want it on every book but on the right book I think it looks great and I'm excited to see more. 

9 minutes ago, Steelrain41 said:

I can totally understand where your coming from on that. I was a bit nervous on how it would turn out but I actually really like the juxtaposition between the old art and the newer. I enjoy being able to look at it and see how it looked 40 years ago compared to how the character looks today. Its definitely not for everyone and I wouldn't want it on every book but on the right book I think it looks great and I'm excited to see more. 

Proving the old adage that beauty is in the eye of the beholder! If you like them, that's all that matters (thumbsu

The problem I have with the labels is that if you are submitting a large volume of books, the site is already a bit tedious to use and adding this extra step (which I will likely never use) is just a waste of time.

They should have it in conjunction with one of the other many options and not have a dedicated page where you have to decline the label.

That's my 2 cents on it.