• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2020 at 4:02 PM, zen514 said:

Gonna keep my prediction 1!

If a T206 Honus Wagner psa 1 can sell for over a Million 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/goldin-to-offer-t206-wagner-in-upcoming-auction/amp/

If I had the choice I would buy a tec27 or ac1. As a collector and as an investment has great potential if looking at the growth of baseball cards. 

Market is hot for collectibles🔥

Keeping my prediction😂

4 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I think I initially said 1.2-1.3 mil, by far the biggest estimate. Pretty sure I ain’t going to be winning this one lol.

yep I said, "between ONE MILLION DOLLARS! and a little over 1.1 million" and I'm ga stick to it. Although......I now think your prediction might be just as likely. That great looking 8.0 sold for 1.075 million 10 years ago, so I would think this great looking 7.0 would now go for about the same.

I think sub-subconsciously I always thought Action 1 was rarer than Detective 27. Now that I look there are more graded Action 1 Blue Labels in the pop. So as far as graded examples Tec 27 is a rarer book. 

I'm sure that's old news to a lot of people here but I did not know that. 41 Actions and 33 Detectives.

2 hours ago, zen514 said:

Honus Wagner PSA  1 =CC 0.5  blue label sells for a million.....

Comics will catch up.

and surpass baseball cards. Love babseball but Super Heroes have a broader appeal than 1 sport. 

I kept thinking this 30 years ago - surely Fantasy #15 will surpass Mickey Mantle as people who grew up with Mantle quit collecting and new generations of Spidey fans enter the market. But the gap between a '52 Mantle and a Fantasy 15 has only widened the past 10 years. and now with things like a Mike Trout rookie bringing nearly $4 million, the entire gap is still growing (and yes, I'd much rather have multiple Tec 27s than a Trout rookie).

Part of the problem has to do with the fact that sports team owners (all billionaires) love dipping into cards every now and then to generate publicity/because they are bored/have to much money, or whatever reason. Then a few of the athletes (all millionaires) do also. Then some of the tech guys, or rich who-evers who like trying to impress those first two groups and want courtside tickets/box seats/whatever also get involved.

I have yet to hear of Robert Downey trading a Suspense 39 to Chris Hemsworth for a Journey 83, or someone buying a Tec 27 to show Robert Paterson what a big fan they are (though maybe that is about to happen), Robert Iger wasn't a bidder on the 9.4 Marvel #1, just cause they own the company. Possibly, Hariri bought a Sensation #1 just to show Gal Gadot, or he already had and the meeting fell into place, but we are still waiting for lightning to strike twice.

42 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

yep I said, "between ONE MILLION DOLLARS! and a little over 1.1 million" and I'm ga stick to it. Although......I now think your prediction might be just as likely. That great looking 8.0 sold for 1.075 million 10 years ago, so I would think this great looking 7.0 would now go for about the same.

I think sub-subconsciously I always thought Action 1 was rarer than Detective 27. Now that I look there are more graded Action 1 Blue Labels in the pop. So as far as graded examples Tec 27 is a rarer book. 

I'm sure that's old news to a lot of people here but I did not know that. 41 Actions and 33 Detectives.

My guess. Is that Tec 27 is a hair rarer than Action 1.  Action has the “ advantage “ of a # 1 issue and Superman was more commercialized early on plus the Tv show prior to the comics code and there wasn’t “ concern “ That bats had in the 50’s.  It appears there may have been a lesser produced number of copies as well. 202 for action 1. And I guess around 173 k for Tec 27 

1 hour ago, Professor Chaos said:

Is the difference that big (41/33) ?

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

My guess. Is that Tec 27 is a hair rarer than Action 1.  Action has the “ advantage “ of a # 1 issue and Superman was more commercialized early on plus the Tv show prior to the comics code and there wasn’t “ concern “ That bats had in the 50’s.  It appears there may have been a lesser produced number of copies as well. 202 for action 1. And I guess around 173 k for Tec 27 

All true . I concur.

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

Is the difference that big (41/33) ?

No. Not that big. It just means there are about 25% more graded Sups than Bats. Like Chicago said as we all know Superman was more commercialized for the first 25 to 30 years. More popular. I think at one time Superman was more popular than Jesus (Please don't go burning your Superman records over that comment). So I think it might be that just a few more people decided to keep their copy of Action 1 instead of bringing it to their Boy Scout paper drive. 

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

No one buying this book is paying sales tax 

So no one lives in Illinois  or California or anywhere Heritage has an office.  Small pool for comics at this amount 

Edited by Chicago Boy

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

So no one lives in Illinois  or California or anywhere Heritage has an office.  Small pool for comics at this amount 

there are many ways around paying sales tax for anyone living in any state, dealer or just a regular buyer...

Edited by G.A.tor

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

And there are plenty of ways for non dealers to avoid the tax as well 

YA when i win the book for 1.2 or under You can take that to the Bank @Bunky Brian I have it sent to G.A.tor or Brian than you can send to me :preach:. 2nd thought my good buddy @GreatCaesarsGhost did a great job on the last book Thank you Clark AKA Superman:whistle:

6 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

All true . I concur.

No. Not that big. It just means there are about 25% more graded Sups than Bats.

Blue label copies, yes (and most of that discrepancy of course is in 3.0 and lower copies, the numbers in higher grades are very similar.)

In total number of copies, the numbers are nearly identical (72 vs 69), suggesting that the book currently exists in near equal quantities.

Just looked at census numbers for a different company and they have graded 11 total Tec 27s, and 5 Action 1s, which also keeps the total number within 3 of each other (80 Tec 27s vs 77 Action 1s) , really statistically the same.

Edited by Crowzilla
other census numbers

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
13 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Dealers don't pay sales tax

And there are plenty of ways for non dealers to avoid the tax as well 

A European buyer for instance won't pay sales tax.