• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

woo hoo already gave you easiest example...I don't personally support tax avoidance, so I won't comment on particulars, but its easy enough to figure out

I don’t either. Thought it might be something on the up and up for collectibles in general.  I’m out 

17 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I meant legal ways of course lol

theres nothing illegal about getting a resale cert for your state...that will save you on taxes...

theres nothing illegal about using a proxy to bid and pay for and receive a purchase

4 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

theres nothing illegal about getting a resale cert for your state...that will save you on taxes...

theres nothing illegal about using a proxy to bid and pay for and receive a purchase

Much appreciated!

14 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

I kept thinking this 30 years ago - surely Fantasy #15 will surpass Mickey Mantle as people who grew up with Mantle quit collecting and new generations of Spidey fans enter the market. But the gap between a '52 Mantle and a Fantasy 15 has only widened the past 10 years. and now with things like a Mike Trout rookie bringing nearly $4 million, the entire gap is still growing (and yes, I'd much rather have multiple Tec 27s than a Trout rookie).

Part of the problem has to do with the fact that sports team owners (all billionaires) love dipping into cards every now and then to generate publicity/because they are bored/have to much money, or whatever reason. Then a few of the athletes (all millionaires) do also. Then some of the tech guys, or rich who-evers who like trying to impress those first two groups and want courtside tickets/box seats/whatever also get involved.

I have yet to hear of Robert Downey trading a Suspense 39 to Chris Hemsworth for a Journey 83, or someone buying a Tec 27 to show Robert Paterson what a big fan they are (though maybe that is about to happen), Robert Iger wasn't a bidder on the 9.4 Marvel #1, just cause they own the company. Possibly, Hariri bought a Sensation #1 just to show Gal Gadot, or he already had and the meeting fell into place, but we are still waiting for lightning to strike twice.

Be patient. Comics will surpass Baseball Cards, Hockey, etc.... Ac1 and Tec 27 will lead the way. Super heroes are forever. Honus Wagner? Really. Even the Babe Ruth cant stop Ac1 and tec27 over taking eventually. Ken Kendrick is old money. New money might not be into a Wagner at these prices. 1 million can buy 3 or 4 blue label ac1 or tec27 ... or a Psa 1 Honus Wagner....  

Of course im a comic collector and have no influence on the market. Just my opinion to be taken with a grain of salt.

1 minute ago, zen514 said:

Be patient. Comics will surpass Baseball Cards, Hockey, etc.... Ac1 and Tec 27 will lead the way. Super heroes are forever. Honus Wagner? Really. Even the Babe Ruth cant stop Ac1 and tec27 over taking eventually. Ken Kendrick is old money. New money might not be into a Wagner at these prices. 1 million can buy 3 or 4 blue label ac1 or tec27 ... or a Psa 1 Honus Wagner....  

Of course im a comic collector and have no influence on the market. Just my opinion to be taken with a grain of salt.

If it cracks 1mil+ very strong result which could bootstrap lower grade copies way up...HA.com has the buyers for sure.

26 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Woohoo, I said over a mil and I'm going to be right!!! :) Or so it seems. I hope it gets to the original 1.2-1.3 mil I said. That would put a smile on my face lol

I only said north of a million...😭

Well 1.375 is north!!

Just happy i said north of a million. The consensus was not into that notion.

8 minutes ago, zen514 said:

I only said north of a million...😭

Well 1.375 is north!!

Just happy i said north of a million. The consensus was not into that notion.

Yeah the consensus was definitely not into that notion at all. Bidders seem to be very hot on this book though!