• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Men’s Adventure Mags
11 11

1,069 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2022 at 2:51 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

The Nazi femme fatale is my favorite cover trope! [Sadly, nothing newly acquired, but here are some of those posted earlier - some still with me, some long gone]. It's a very long time since I spotted an unknown one.

All Man Dec 1959.jpg

On 2/11/2022 at 2:54 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Man's Exploits April 1963.jpg

On 2/11/2022 at 2:54 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Man's Look Dec 1961.jpg

Gorgeous books, man!  I love all of them but these 3 have been particularly elusive for me.  If you ever decide to sell, keep me in mind, would you?

I think I already told you this but it was you posting these a decade ago that got me interested.  So, I blame you, mostly.   xD

On 2/11/2022 at 2:27 PM, Randall Dowling said:

So, I blame you, mostly.

Sure, why not? Everyone else does [and I have broad shoulders] lol

Hopefully those three will turn up for you, and wont cost you a kidney. :foryou:If I see any of them on EbayUK I'll let you know.  I recall I was lucky with the All Man - I'd just lost out on a high grade copy, which had been randomly noticed by another Ebayer, who subsequently offered me his high grade copy at the same price - the one I showed above. Otherwise, who knows, I might still be looking!

Insofar as none are common, and some are quite rare, there might always be a few outliers for any given collector. Luck plays a big part with these.  @lbcolefanhas some even I'd never seen before he posted them in this thread, and I was searching hard for many years.

Dont know if its helpful, but the same painting was used as the cover to Man's Best Magazine: July 1962 [this copy is actually listed on EbayUK but at a ridiculous price given the actual grade.]

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Flex Mentallo

On 2/11/2022 at 8:57 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Sure, why not? Everyone else does [and I have broad shoulders] lol

Hopefully those three will turn up for you, and wont cost you a kidney. :foryou:If I see any of them on EbayUK I'll let you know.  I recall I was lucky with the All Man - I'd just lost out on a high grade copy, which had been randomly noticed by another Ebayer, who subsequently offered me his high grade copy at the same price - the one I showed above. Otherwise, who knows, I might still be looking!

Insofar as none are common, and some are quite rare, there might always be a few outliers for any given collector. Luck plays a big part with these.  @lbcolefanhas some even I'd never seen before he posted them in this thread, and I was searching hard for many years.

Dont know if its helpful, but the same painting was used as the cover to Man's Best Magazine: July 1962 [this copy is actually listed on EbayUK but at a ridiculous price given the actual grade.]

s-l1600.jpg

I have a nice copy of this book and a low grade copy of the All Man.  Even finding mid-grade copies are tough on some of these.  (thumbsu

On 2/11/2022 at 4:37 PM, OtherEric said:

Found in the wild today.  These aren't a category of magazine I'm terribly interested in in general, but I figured I should have one as a type sample and this looked like a pretty solid example of the type:

Battle_Cry_1965_01.jpg

That's a great book!  Classic Syd Shores cover with those lecherous Nazis!  (thumbsu