• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tell us what you really think, Marnin!

152 posts in this topic

I doubt my posts read like legal briefs. That's because I'm not proof reading them or trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about when I don't. I'm not saying that's true of FFB, but it's a hallmark trait of most lawyers.

Hmmmm...... me thinks I like this "Bat Fiend"! thumbsup2.gif

Scott, I actually do love you man....but could you ratchet it down from like 13 to 12, once in a while? You have to give the opposition a little credit once in a while, otherwise you simply steamroll the debate, and come off as a pompous asss (to those that don't know you as the loveable scuba-diving partyboy we know you as). And that's coming from someone that respects you!

Brad, I consider you a pal and a good guy as well and I laugh my butt off at your photoshop magic, but no, I am not going to ratchet down. I give people credit where it's due, but I also believe in stating my position and providing backup where appropriate -- especially when, as here, there is a virtual lack of discussion coming from a view contrary to yours and the views of the others who agree with you and Marnin that these books are pressed because Marnin says so. I do not believe in rolling over simply for the sake of rolling over. I also haven't noticed you rolling over on any topics, so I don't see why you are suggesting that I do it. I'll admit when I'm wrong, but I'm not going to back off from an argument simply because you don't like how my posts read. You know me better than that. wink.gif

If you view what I'm doing as steamrolling the debate, that's a little surprising since it's basically one of me debating with ten of you. Maybe you bums should back off of me for a while! poke2.gif

For the record, I've never heard you admit you were wrong about a dang thing on these boards.

And I think your perspective is a little skewed.....I think you should note that Marnin has been an official pariah on these boards, and giving him a little credit is not what I would consider a "popular" position.

flowerred.gif

You mean the No Press Zone and Pressed logos he paid me to do for him? Yeah, I love them too!

Hey, that's cool, Brad. thumbsup2.gif I had been wondering whether you created them for him or whether you were just permitting him to use them.

Are you Mushroom?

Give this man a cigar. I have been duly admonished and will slink into the background. FFB.....I still cannot abide any of your views and comments but I apologise for my offensiveness.

Well done, Brian!

I am not a shill....

Mushroom died as a result of his comic passion being removed from his soul and he will never come back.

Batfiend couldn't give a rat's a*r*s*e.

So let me get this straight, you no longer like comics and have no continuing connection to the hobby, but you have so little else to do with your life that you want to just hang out in a comics message board for no other reason than to give people a hard time? Sorry, Mushroom, I used to think you were okay, notwithstanding your FDQ exit, but this is just pathetic.

For the record, I've never heard you admit you were wrong about a dang thing on these boards.

I have over 11,000 posts. Are you sure you read them ALL? poke2.gif

And I think your perspective is a little skewed.....I think you should note that Marnin has been an official pariah on these boards, and giving him a little credit is not what I would consider a "popular" position.

flowerred.gif

Considered a pariah by whom? By CGC? Or by the pressing crowd? Certainly not the latter. He's your hero! headbang.gif

Got a link?

flowerred.gif

Considered a pariah by whom? By CGC? Or by the pressing crowd? Certainly not the latter. He's your hero! headbang.gif

The pressing crowd? Where is this "crowd"?

You mean the guys that think undisclosed pressing is wrong? I keep hearing that no one cares, that we're a minority and that nobody's buying habits have changed. I keep hearing that we could hold a meeting in a medium sized elevator.

And your skill at hyperbole is even greater than I ever gave you credit for if you think Marnin is my hero. It takes a little more than that to be a hero. Come on, you can do better than that. He's a friend. I also consider people who think pressing is fine my friends. I like a good spirited debate. With the goal of exchanging ideas and possibly learning something, not just ramming my point of view down the other guys throat.

flowerred.gif

You mean the guys that think undisclosed pressing is wrong? I keep hearing that no one cares, that we're a minority and that nobody's buying habits have changed. I keep hearing that we could hold a meeting in a medium sized elevator.

C'mon Brad, you know who Scott is talking about.

My flock. My crusaders. My sheep. My comic sl*ts!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I am forgetting some.

How soon everyone forgets. frown.gifforeheadslap.gifyeahok.gif

Got a link?

You know how to use the search function! makepoint.gif

flowerred.gif

Actually, Mark managed to fit most of them into a small-ish conference room at San Diego, with enough room left over for a couple dozen of the people who don't care one way or another. yay.gif

And your skill at hyperbole is even greater than I ever gave you credit for if you think Marnin is my hero. It takes a little more than that to be a hero. Come on, you can do better than that. He's a friend. I also consider people who think pressing is fine my friends. I like a good spirited debate. With the goal of exchanging ideas and possibly learning something, not just ramming my point of view down the other guys throat.

flowerred.gif

27_laughing.gif Please, Brad. You are as good at ramming your point of view down someone's throat as anyone. Who do you think you're kidding?

I'm having some of my law clerks go through them, as well as index them by topic, hyperbole and insult.

poke2.gif

C'mon Brad, you know who Scott is talking about.

My flock. My crusaders. My sheep. My comic sl*ts!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I am forgetting some.

How soon everyone forgets. frown.gifforeheadslap.gifyeahok.gif

I have not forgotten!!!! hail.gif

I'm having some of my law clerks go through them, as well as index them by topic, hyperbole and insult.

poke2.gif

Sweet! Can I get a copy of that? headbang.gif

Quick Hits:

1) The Pressing is Restoration / It will have an effect on the hobby eventually crowd, IS VERY SMALL. Other than Marnin as a dealer (who had pretty much been non existent as a force since selling the Mass collection), most dealers and major collectors (who are still collecting) don't give a rats , and since probably a good portion of their books have had some pressing, NEVER WILL!!!!!

2) How much PRESSING is needed to say a books been PRESSED? If a CGC 9.4 has a one inch non color breaking crease at the overhang pressed out, so the book now gets a CGC 9.6, does that count? I can guarantee that NO ONE would be able to tell, as the pressing would have been localized to that area. YET, that's where the biggest amount of market value increase will occur, the ultra high grade books that looked great anyway.

poke2.gif

Sweet! Can I get a copy of that? headbang.gif

Sure, but I need to be reimbursed the $150/hr for their time. makepoint.gif