• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convincing people to sign up for the CGC Boards
4 4

144 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

This site has all the information in front of you, you learn something new everyday from fellow collectors, so informative and helpful, would be crazy not to join.I mention this site to fellow collectors when ever I'm at a con or market, and its  like asking them to get teeth pulled.

The good aspects DO out weigh the bad, just no one should CHOOSE confrontation as the first aspect in their view of the boards. Seemingly, those invited see it as one extra way of being involved, but don't think it's worth it at face value when invited.......

As someone who has had there tiffs and don't want it to be the norm, cause who cares what i think, the invited people to me see it as pointless. They get enough of it in their day to day. I get it though, trying to be nice to everyone and be sincere will have it's off days, no one wants a reputation lol 

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The good aspects DO out weigh the bad, just no one should CHOOSE confrontation as the first aspect in their view of the boards. Seemingly, those invited see it as one extra way of being involved, but don't think it's worth it at face value when invited.......

As someone who has had there tiffs and don't want it to be the norm, cause who cares what i think, the invited people to me see it as pointless. They get enough of it in their day to day. I get it though, trying to be nice to everyone and be sincere will have it's off days, no one wants a reputation lol 

I joined because I wanted a community to be apart of   

But there must be a reason why some people with 1/2 million dollar collections don't post on here

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I joined because I wanted a community to be apart of   

But there must be a reason why some people with 1/2 million dollar collections don't post on here

I'm sure they have more things that money can buy that gives them the pay off they need. I get giving someone another way of looking at things can be beneficial, but most of the time, it is of no use, no matter how you'd "like to help". If it ends in the other being offended, then the time was wasted, idk. No one should take the boards that serious, no matter how much of a belonging it provides :foryou: Everyone here has merits, it's caring enough to point that out that helps, if it is still not received well then at least your hands were clean.

I speak to myself mostly, I wake up on the wrong side of the bed every so often too, a little forgiveness goes a long way in my book :) 

28 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

If he agrees with the statement that "only people posting stupid things get attacked", why does he accuse others of attacking him so often? hm

:eyeroll: Grudges (deserved or not) between established members don't count, obviously.

8 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

There's plenty of us with high dollar collections that post.😉

lol(thumbsu

Yes....

My point was more to do with the credibility afforded new posters (a majority of them) than the dollar amount of their collections.

And I think that is how particular posters view the boards, as seen by a certain thread on New Years eve.

4 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I originally gave this place a try after someone pointed it out to me at a UK comic mart.

Soon after I joined in 2008, I'd be quite enthusiastic about the boards in the two comic shops I went to, on-and-off over the following two years until I stopped buying new comics.  Nothing but complete disinterest.  

Glad you're here Paul.Happy New Year

Just now, Robot Man said:

I had most of the SA keys and my mom threw them away. Along with my trading cards, toys and hippie stuff...

Anybody wanna rumble?   :roflmao:

mail.gif

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I agree

But it takes a long time to get too the heart and soul of someone, too see who they truly are and what motivates them, and I imagine some people have left because of the reactions of others.

And in leaving, lose out on an invaluable resource of comic knowledge.  Everything that’s anything in this age of encapsulation has been discussed to death here.  I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a legitimate comic question go unanswered here.   It’s instrumental.

There’s insufficiently_thoughtful_persons everywhere. All you can do is try not to be one.:insane: