• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Work, Lovelife, Miscellaneous
2 2

184 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2021 at 12:12 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

You're saying you understand my threads?

Hmmm.

I'll have to try harder then.

That there is a bona fide FF printing error. I had one years back when I collected Spidey misprints. One of the few books I ever found for pennies at a fair and sold for mega pounds. Well, about fifty quid as I recall. I'll hunt down the scan.

Here's an old favourite from the PE files, just to show that you're not alone Robot:

65.thumb.jpg.50c54e8655357af1484552756e10b020.jpg 65pe.thumb.jpg.ae5be5bce942122e958d424f56a53192.jpg

More in here....

Now I MUST get about 50 of these!!!

1 hour ago, Calamerica said:

Now I MUST get about 50 of these!!!

The ASM #65 Cal? You'll be hard pushed - I've only ever seen two copies like it. Cool isn't it.  

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

The ASM #65 Cal? You'll be hard pushed - I've only ever seen two copies like it. Cool isn't it.  

YES Cool it is!

Do you know of any more HIDDEN GEMS such as ASM 65???

3 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

YES Cool it is!

Do you know of any more HIDDEN GEMS such as ASM 65???

I used to Cal, yes. I had about a hundred different ASM errors at one point of varying descriptions. I used to wind up the old STL forum members with them before the site sadly went kaput. The green Spidey #5 was another cool one. I put them all in a thread once I think, somewhere. They all went long ago now, alas. I just kept the #65 because it was so unusual. 

30 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I used to Cal, yes. I had about a hundred different ASM errors at one point of varying descriptions. I used to wind up the old STL forum members with them before the site sadly went kaput. The green Spidey #5 was another cool one. I put them all in a thread once I think, somewhere. They all went long ago now, alas. I just kept the #65 because it was so unusual. 

Have any IMSM you might want to sell???

One meelion sesterces.

There isn't one Cal. A pence copy I mean. That's what we call a ND copy in the UK (Post Man "No Deliver" copy, stoopit iriot :)). 

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

One meelion sesterces.

There isn't one Cal. A pence copy I mean. That's what we call a ND copy in the UK (Post Man "No Deliver" copy, stoopit iriot :)). 

I think you are right.

I had over 5,105 RAW IMSMs in 2003 and would have saved the UK Pence( d) copies.

Only three double-covers of IMSM and I have ALL THREE just can't bring myself to sell them.

Cal still the KING of IMSM

32 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

I think you are right.

I had over 5,105 RAW IMSMs in 2003 and would have saved the UK Pence( d) copies.

Only three double-covers of IMSM and I have ALL THREE just can't bring myself to sell them.

Cal still the KING of IMSM

I am the seventh baron twice removed of AF15!

I am the Royal Viscount of Lego

Anyone else? @greggy?  

And in a break with our usual programming, Marwood Towers presents:

"Kermit Comes a Cropper"

“Oh Kermit?”

“Yes Miss Piggy?”

“Here’s twelve cents – go and get me a Charlton comic from the corner shop”

“This is America Miss Piggy - don’t you mean the mall or something more American sounding?”

“Don’t be smart with me frog. Just take the damn twelve cents and buy the comic. And no funny business. Remember what happens when you disappoint me….”

“I’ll be fine Miss Piggy, don’t worry…”

Spoiler

15c.PNG.9e7a3725d2e12bf6947247fab7fc4667.PNG

oh-shit.gif.54516cce594cb274fbd03d5aa1b9c4d8.gif

To be continued......

It's Quiz Time again,

Yay! :)

Here's old Lucas showing young Mark how to cock a rifle:

1787914323_Rifleman2.thumb.jpg.764d35f52906a117be7ef430766510e9.jpg

The things them two got up to.

Now, the question is: "What is under the black bar that appears above the date on every single barrel-cocking copy?"

523399774_Rifleman2(2).jpg.6e83056f89cafd38bac25b2c8804da49.jpg

Send your answers on a post card to Marwood at the usual address:

C:censored:,
London

Winners will be notified by an angry vole the week commencing when it starts (@porcupine48)

24 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

It's Quiz Time again,

Yay! :)

Here's old Lucas showing young Mark how to cock a rifle:

1787914323_Rifleman2.thumb.jpg.764d35f52906a117be7ef430766510e9.jpg

The things them two got up to.

Now, the question is: "What is under the black bar that appears above the date on every single barrel-cocking copy?"

523399774_Rifleman2(2).jpg.6e83056f89cafd38bac25b2c8804da49.jpg

Send your answers on a post card to Marwood at the usual address:

C:censored:,
London

Winners will be notified by an angry vole the week commencing when it starts (@porcupine48)

At the risk of being serious when it's completely unwarranted, and the even greater risk of being notified by an angry vole, that's probably where ""NO. 1XXX" would have appeared if it had actually been part of the Four Color series rather than starting its own numbering with this issue. 

Given the subject matter you pointed out, I'm assuming the number would actually have been 1XXX, those are not intended as placeholders.

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

At the risk of being serious when it's completely unwarranted, and the even greater risk of being notified by an angry vole, that's probably where ""NO. 1XXX" would have appeared if it had actually been part of the Four Color series rather than starting its own numbering with this issue. 

Given the subject matter you pointed out, I'm assuming the number would actually have been 1XXX, those are not intended as placeholders.

Ah ha! Well done Eric. The rather conspicuous absence of a number one is telling isn't it. Just this number two (must......resist. Joke.....too....easy). FC 1009 must've sold well, mustn't it. All that cocking I shouldn't wonder..

8 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

Coronation Street references will confuse our American friends.

Yes. See also '98% of my posts here.'