• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cartoon Comics----who's bought from them??

5 posts in this topic

Anybody bought from these folks' ebay store?

http://stores.ebay.com/CartoonComics_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

I went ahead and took a chance on about $25 worth of stuff, though I'm a bit concerned as all the books seem to have virtually the same description ("a nice book with a tiny bit of wear").

I suppose I should've emailed first for some scans, but I figured I'd just place a small order ot test the waters and see what happens. Anybody got any stories?

I bought a stack of stuff from them, all HG bronze. Everything was accurate with 1-2 exceptions (of 15-20 books). Basically warehouse stock - unread, nice paper, but every now and then they grab one off the pile that had some damage without looking.

If this is Rino out in East Meadow NY (or somewhere else in Nassau County) I have bought tons of stuff from him at the NYC shows. He gave me a great deal on tons of lower grade Batman books over the years.

I wouldn't hesitate to give him a shot,

thanks

SH,

I bought a ton of late DC BA Horror books on the advice from Dan. His NM- books actually graded from CGC 9.0 and 9.2 with a few in the 8.5 range. Some though graded 9.4-9.6 so quite a range. The big disappointment for me was the lack of description of Page Quality. They were graded with OW or COW pages. Not nice for books only 20 years old.

With that said, this may be a different batch of books, but he answers all e-mail. I would buy from again.

My recent 9.0 and 9.2 books being sold on eBay were purchased from this seller.