• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's KRAVEN THE HUNTER starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson (2023)
2 2

147 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2022 at 11:56 PM, Silvers24 said:

I am not to happy about PETA Kraven, and I haven't even seen Morbin' Time.

Now I hear it'll be Kraven Time. Kraven that money they be missin. 

There is indeed a turd tumbleweed in the wind. 

Aw, man. I was coming here to get 'It's Kraven Time!" started, and I see I'm almost a year late. :sorry:

On 6/19/2023 at 4:55 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Also, I'm glad others have caught this cause I thought I was overthinking it and going crazy when things were not feeling very Kraven. Just seems they just copied Catman's story for the Kraven movie.

Sony might have just made the most faithful DC movie by accident (:

FzA-jNRaAAAtzZQ.thumb.jpeg.d20be0701c761dead28bc2aac1bb649b.jpeg

And add DC's Vixen's powers. 

On 6/20/2023 at 5:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

When do tickets go on sale? I need to see this movie others have seen before me to judge for myself.

:popcorn:

I applaud the sentiment... although, and this is just a guess? I think you'll be safe in just rolling the dice and buying your tickets day of the show. :wink:

Mildly curious, as someone who really knows nothing about the Kraven character or his origins (I was not a Spider-man reader in my youth) how canonically accurate this trailer was.  I take it from reading these reactions it was...not.  

Kind of makes one wonder why they wanted to adapt the character at all if they're just going to do something completely different.

I mean, I know the answer to that, but still.  Is making a film true to the character impossible, so to get a movie out of him they have to just make something up?

On 6/20/2023 at 3:30 PM, Axelrod said:

Mildly curious, as someone who really knows nothing about the Kraven character or his origins (I was not a Spider-man reader in my youth) how canonically accurate this trailer was.  I take it from reading these reactions it was...not.  

Kind of makes one wonder why they wanted to adapt the character at all if they're just going to do something completely different.

I mean, I know the answer to that, but still.  Is making a film true to the character impossible, so to get a movie out of him they have to just make something up?

Comic book Kraven would work as a villain and only a villain. A trophy hunter? Nobody today would root for that character. So making him an anti hero was their only option for a solo movie. Basically a brand new character who happens to be named Kraven. #NotmyKraven. 

Saw the trailer and it's a no for me. Just looked off and wish that they tried to incorporate the original design more besides just the collar mane. Give a little leopard print accessories, or symbols on the vest to represent the lion eyes. 

Aaron Taylor Johnson looks like he is up to doing the best he can…  but the first though from my head after watching the trailer was that Sony wishes they had the rights to the Punisher so they made a Punisher movie and dressed it up as Kraven. 

On 6/19/2023 at 7:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

Kraven_Poster.thumb.jpg.3e7f4440bab5164a5039f9b264ff1444.jpg

‘Villains aren’t born.They’re made.’

Fairly common trope.  Reminds me of the character development in the most recent Tomb Raider video game trilogy.

Lara Croft, incidentally, is a relic, or, one might say, trophy hunter.

On a basic level, not promising the most original of journeys. 

On 6/21/2023 at 9:55 AM, october said:

Couldn't make it through the trailer. I think that's a bad sign. 

What is it with Sony Pictures and making bad superhero  movies.  Jeez...Spiderman 3(2007), The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014)  Morbius, Ghost Rider, The Green Hornet... Seems like their biggest hits are when they collaborate with Marvel & Disney.  :idea:

On 6/22/2023 at 6:14 PM, ymisbatg said:

What is it with Sony Pictures and making bad superhero  movies.  Jeez...Spiderman 3(2007), The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014)  Morbius, Ghost Rider, The Green Hornet... Seems like their biggest hits are when they collaborate with Marvel & Disney.  :idea:

I don't know if that old matra sticks every time. Heck, Spider-Verse 1 topped two Disney movies at the Oscars even for best animated movie.

Sony_Spiderverse.png.e8b92776cab6a337d4314bf4053e7fda.png

On 6/22/2023 at 3:14 PM, ymisbatg said:

you left out a couple of dogs: Venom, Venom/Carnage and i'll confidently toss a couple more on the pile: Kraven, Madame Web, El Muerto

On 6/23/2023 at 9:21 AM, CAHokie said:

Kraven is not happy about this!

IMG_9803.thumb.jpeg.bb5a11095c790016b86b34b61e7a58db.jpeg

Wondered who finished up with Kraven.

Another of Kavs wacky ideas!

On 6/22/2023 at 12:49 PM, Bosco685 said:

I don't know if that old matra sticks every time. Heck, Spider-Verse 1 topped two Disney movies at the Oscars even for best animated movie.

Sony_Spiderverse.png.e8b92776cab6a337d4314bf4053e7fda.png

I did not forget about these.  2 are animated, and 2 are R-rated.  PG-13 movies tend to generate more money.  For example, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania pulled in $214M.  Can Sony Pictures make a decent 3rd movie in the series?  Only time will tell.  I hope so, but I wouldn't bet on it.