• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's KRAVEN THE HUNTER starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson (2023)
2 2

147 posts in this topic

It does look decent but there really isn't anything new that would bring in the crowds to the theaters.  Looks like a great streaming movie of the week and that is where I'll eventually see it.

That looked so cookie-cutter mid I'm honestly surprised. Maybe it would have been delightfully average if it was a streaming only release, but not as a theatrical one (The universe should have switched its place with Extraction 2, let that one be on the big screen).

It's giving me 'will only be in his actual comic costume for a single brief moment at the end of the film to generate sequel hype' vibes :D 

On 6/19/2023 at 3:31 PM, fmaz said:

I believe the only way I end up seeing that movie would involve a hostage situation.  “See the movie or we kill the girl” - that sort of thing. 

How about a prom hostage situation?  They could have adapted this story, the greatest Kraven story ever, and it would have made BANK!

tumblr_n4x8oaCIb61rp7p8xo1_1280.thumb.jpg.9606142af546e283157ed277ea53ddc4.jpg

On 6/19/2023 at 4:12 PM, Sauce Dog said:

How about a prom hostage situation?  They could have adapted this story, the greatest Kraven story ever, and it would have made BANK!

tumblr_n4x8oaCIb61rp7p8xo1_1280.thumb.jpg.9606142af546e283157ed277ea53ddc4.jpg

This is so much more true to the character than that movie ever will be, it makes me weep.

PS - I would indeed watch the hell out of this movie.

On 6/19/2023 at 4:48 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

I think this looks decent but it's not Kraven the Hunter. With that being said it looks better than Blue Beetle (though I don't know if that's saying much).

It looks on par with Morbius.

That trailer to me was way better than Morbius, which I never saw.  If the other trailers that drop are on that same level I'll end up seeing this.  I didn't think it looked bad.  Maybe not the Kraven I grew up with, but my interest is piqued.