• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

35 cent Variant List-Help wanted

904 posts in this topic

OK, I've decided to make my previous requests a bit more formal. As many of you know, I have a website listing 30 and 35 cent variants (which the Donut man and Darth have previously been polite enough to plug). The 30 cent books were easy enough to keep track of and establish scarcity ratings for, especially since FD, myself and others at the local Tyson's Corner show in the DC area had found almost all of them nearly four years ago.

Obviously, however, the 35 cent books are much more difficult and it has been very challenging to determine which books are, in fact, known to exist. I've received some help from a few collectors out there, who have regularly informed me of their finds. I'd love to hear from more of you--I'm sure many more issues have been discovered to this point and would like to make the list as comprehensive as possible. If you have a book that is not marked off on my list, either post to this thread or send me a PM. Thanks for the help.

Great scans. Thanks guys. FD, do you have scans of the Dr. Strange 24, Howard the Duck 13. Were these yours? I've heard of a bunch of books I dont' have listed as existing as having been found, but to prevent any disputes, I'd like to actually see a copy of each one I click off.

FD and Darth--I'll be going to the house of that dealer tomorrow. Hopefully some more 35 cent variants to be found. He definitely has two more: a HG Tarzan 1 and an Avengers (hopefully 161). With luck, there will be more.

I just completed a deal for the remainder of the set of 35 cent variants that I initally came across two weeks ago. 16 more issues, including four that are additions to issues known to exist. Here they are:

Avengers 162

Iron Man 101, 102

Invaders 21 (new)

Marvel Tales 80, 81, 82 (new), 83

Marvel Team-Up 58 (new), 59, 60, 61, 62

Marvel Two-In-One 30, 31 (new)

Tarzan 1

Thanks FD-I actually remember you having these, so I put them in without the scans.

Anyone else??? Lighthouse--do you have a scan of the Western issue you found last fall?

I had no intention of going for it but, all of a sudden, I now have 32 35 cent variants instead of 2. As much fun as it's been, I was looking forward to moving away from the variants as far as spending my fun-money is concerned. Now, the temptation is setting in. I just have to decide if my marriange can survive my going to far off places looking for variants, since so few a found in my neck of the woods.

Thanks to the generosity of Chuck Costas (comiconxion on ebay) at yesterday's Tysons Corner show, I can verify that Nova 10 and Ms. Marvel 6 exist - I have to send you scans...

If you are going for the whole shebang, I have ASM 169, 171, and 172 available now as well for sale/trade...

The news on the find is excellent and I'm thrilled for you. This gives me a kick in the butt to update my 30 cent list post below before it gets wiped off!

Actually, I haven't decided yet. I'm either going to go for it, or sell off all of them except my Iron Fist 13 and 14. Did you pick up those books from Chuck, or did he just send you scans?

Yeah, that's a tough call, and since the impossibility of collecting the entire run (especially at low prices!) has dawned on me, I'm definitely leaning towards selling off some of my more "esoteric/rare" titles like Logan's Run, Omega, Red Sonja, Powerman, et al and just keeping the more-common Byrne, X-Men and ASM issues.