• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,647 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, also agree that Richard's Twilight copy presented much better and the PQ is definitely better also.  (thumbsu

Even so, this copy might still end up going for more dollars in today's Coronavirus pandemic driven environment where for some strange reason, everybody seems to have a lot more money and a lot more time to spend on these comic book auction websites as prices on most books have certainly gone up.  :whatthe:

Forgot his was a pedigree.  Public knowledge who the current owner is ? 

The auctions are starting to close...

The Marvel Comics 1 seems to have stalled at just above $200k--I'd expected it to go for well above that, so maybe there'll be an influx of bids tonight/tomorrow?

2 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

The auctions are starting to close...

The Marvel Comics 1 seems to have stalled at just above $200k--I'd expected it to go for well above that, so maybe there'll be an influx of bids tonight/tomorrow?

Well above 

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

This was my  favorite book of the auction.  

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 8/14/2020 at 10:05 AM, clarkkentdds said:

No. Those are not my books. I’m not selling...

(Not sure why they are being touted as #1 set.)
But I know the seller. Josh got a great consignment. 

yeah i was just wondering that. they're from AndyL, and according to the Registry, he's 200,000 registry points from being the #1 set

1 minute ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

What should it be going for? GPA doesn’t give me a clear picture 

Considering what this 1.0 went for a couple years ago, would think a well known collection 6.0 would command a good amount more than $215K 🤔.

33DFEE1A-EE1E-4A7C-B9B0-E7F8A9D2EB65.jpeg

11 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

What should it be going for? GPA doesn’t give me a clear picture 

Last 6.0 which was boardie owned went for over 600k.  It was a pedigree as well but presented nicer imo ( Nov ) copy 

3 minutes ago, szav said:

I wonder how much value if anything something like that being the Nicholas Cage copy adds to it.  It certainly adds comedic value.

I don’t think it adds anything to it but it is kinda cool.  AC 1 and Tec 27 just separated themselves from the rest of the GA books some more. 

5 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Does this hurt it’s standing in the hierarchy of GA books ?  

To me, it means the chasm between it and Action 1 and Tec 27 is larger than we knew

hey @Chicago Boy, great minds think alike!

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

4 minutes ago, szav said:

Considering the recent comps of a 9.4 for 1.26 mil, and another 6.0 for 200k, I’m not sure I’d call this a steal and I’d bet the seller is pleased.  This looks like a win for CLink to me.

There was a 6.0 that went for 200k ?  When ?  What venue ? Last one I know went for 600k ish. At auction post last hurricane season