• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do collectors often reset or start over?
1 1

56 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Haven't a clue what you're talking about.

at 1:20 they talk about tuna can.. thought this was what you were referencing... 

12 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

at 1:20 they talk about tuna can.. thought this was what you were referencing... 

No.  I had a Fraternity brother in college back in 1981-1985 that used to go around singing about it. 

"It ain't very long, but it's sure big around, 
The girls all call me, Tuna Fish Can."

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

No.  I had a Fraternity brother in college back in 1981-1985 that used to go around singing about it. 

"It ain't very long, but it's sure big around, 
The girls all call me, Tuna Fish Can."

lol I guess the same thing there in the clip.. 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:30 PM, Wolverinex said:

Yes, it's called a Mid life crisis. lol   Glad you are tackling it in this manner... It's much better than divorcing your wife, buying the corvette, and marrying younger woman. 

But is it though?

Edited by bb8

I am 44 (I turn 45 in June) and am "either in the middle of a very healthy life or almost done with an unhealthy life."

I've been taking inventory of a lot of things and thinking of doing a serious culling but not to put toward more 'stuff'. 

There are a couple of home projects I would like to undertake.  For example, I like GI Joe toys, but I would rather redo the dining room.   In other cases, I know full well how a little adds up to a lot.  If I have 100 items laying around that are worth an average of $20 each I have to ask myself, would I rather have that item or $2000?

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I didn't recognize it, so it's yours.

My favorite Louis CK quote is "Dinner's not over when I'm full.  Dinner is over when I hate myself"

:signofftopic: I know off topic, couldn't control myself

I like (paraphrasing)..."the 15 seconds between closing her door, walking around the car and opening my door...that is MY vacation!"

Back to this theme. For those that have culled is ebay the way to go? The thing I am thinking of selling is a WWBN unpressed cgc 9.6. The thing is I am in no hurry to sell it but with the prices as they are it may be time. One got almost $12000 in December. That is insanity.

7 hours ago, ignimbrite said:

Back to this theme. For those that have culled is ebay the way to go? The thing I am thinking of selling is a WWBN unpressed cgc 9.6. The thing is I am in no hurry to sell it but with the prices as they are it may be time. One got almost $12000 in December. That is insanity.

Some interesting results to report on this.

I did a Facebook claim sale for GI Joes... this is what was strange.  I lowered the figures that I had originally placed on eBay by 10% in the FB thread and some sold.  There were plenty of new figures that I had never offered before.  I offered them at around 10-15% less than the average actualized eBay sale.  Except for one figure they sat.  As the claim sale wound down, I placed those figures back up on eBay at around 10% over the average sale price.  A bunch of things instantly sold.

This afternoon I posted a bunch of Lego sets on a Lego FB group.  I sold four sets at eBay prices over the FB group.  That was great as I did not have to pay any fees to anyone.  

There are positives and negatives between FB and eBayeBay affords greater exposure whereas Facebook has a limited exposure but you can afford to lower prices due to no fees. 

As an aside, there are a few things that I believe I should sell.  If someone wants to pay an insane price for something that even I cannot make sense of, then they are more than welcome to hand me their money. 

Well yeah, student times, dark times. I had a part-time job and I was catastrophically short of money, so I sold a couple of rare coins. Money I got for one of them I spent on buying essays on https://studenterra.com/ cause it was an exam period and I was in danger of flunking out. I still can't think about it without shuddering.

I rebooted 3 times between 2008-late 2012 alone  (thumbsu:bigsmile: . Fairly static since Dec 2012. Comic wise I've stayed on the Captain America & Tarzan path. Gonna start adding some Atlas/Marvel Westerns, some Luke Cage, Dr. Strange and Iron Man shortly, hopefully. Gotta look out right now for employees and family so a lot of window shopping but brighter days ahead. (thumbsu