• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Godzilla (1977) Club
3 3

179 posts in this topic

Two new arrivals completing the #1-3 .35 cent variant set for me. The #2 is from the same seller as my #1 reuniting the pair. The #3 is a low grade in need of a C&P for visual asthetics before slabbing. 20240627_085752.thumb.jpg.9162ad09e2d1fac885f31bb1847b21aa.jpg

Update: #3 now graded. Top of my expectation. Entire set complete & graded.

20240830_071940.thumb.jpg.896564622d4d13db50cabeda2da7e430.jpg

Edited by The Man Without Beer

On 8/31/2024 at 4:10 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Finally get to post this. The book that made me fall in love with comics. We were at family friends and they had this book and I read  it and fell in love and they let me take it home and I have had it all these years and decided to have it graded. CGC must have laughed when they graded this but it’s a very special book to me.

No idea why it’s not showing on the census!

IMG_0394.jpeg

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_3164.jpeg

I've been told it updates on Wednesday, the census, if a recent accomplishment!

Glad you preserved it! :x

On 8/31/2024 at 5:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've been told it updates on Wednesday, the census, if a recent accomplishment!

Glad you preserved it! :x

My bad. I posted issue 1 and not 2 and I have edited my post.

I no longer have my back cover picture for that slab, but suffice it to say that it looks about the same as yours and is what jogged my memory lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/31/2024 at 5:10 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Finally get to post this. The book that made me fall in love with comics. We were at family friends and they had this book and I read  it and fell in love and they let me take it home and I have had it all these years and decided to have it graded. CGC must have laughed when they graded this but it’s a very special book to me.

Lowest graded copy :whee:

IMG_0394.jpeg

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

Nice that you have the best ranked set and now also the lowest graded #2! 

On 8/31/2024 at 5:10 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Lowest graded copy :whee:

IMG_0394.jpeg

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

Can relate 100%....1st comic ever for me is issue #10. A diehard Godzilla fan since I could remember. A gift from my oldest brother. I started buying off of the newstand the next month starting with issue 11. Thought about getting this slabbed one day as well. 

IMG_20220307_105131_750.thumb.jpg.c0e8b6cf0d47a503b8fa7ec7f9dcd1b3.jpg

Edited by The Man Without Beer

On 9/13/2024 at 10:22 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I do like the new painted cover version! Thanks for pointing this out as I missed it also. Will definitely pick this up!

On 9/14/2024 at 10:49 AM, dick pontoon said:

I've always been a big Godzilla fan, but was never very into the Marvel series and even stopped buying it several issues before it was cancelled. I recently picked these up to fill the holes.

Godzilla22.jpg

Godzilla23.jpg

Godzilla24.jpg

IMHO those were the best 3 issues