• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay/PayPal credit no interest for 24 months

10 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Long story short. Received this offer from eBay. Made a purchase. Didn’t work. Payment screen didn’t show a 0% APR offer. eBay said it’s A PayPal issue. PayPal said it’s an eBay issue. Spent hours on the phone with no resolution. Total waste of time. Caveat emptor. 

9390D822-C95F-4C52-AC15-2410E4F3F717.jpeg

I've seen this

Definitely makes it problematic

8 minutes ago, nickdemeato said:

What does the invoice say? Bought with paypal credit but with an APR?

Can you still view that add? When you click it does it take you to ebay or paypal?

Are there any T&Cs which are cut off in the pic youve posted?

Typical ebay and paypall, blame each other.

eBay payment page gave an option to pay over 24 months but with 12.99% APR. Only terms were for items $600 and over. This promotion has been offered many times before and I’ve used it before too. When the ad is clicked it takes you to eBay. All 5 of the eBay reps I spoke with said the offer wasn’t from eBay. Seems to be their SOP to play stupid for any promotions.

I love using the paypal credit feature (not always through ebay). I do it regularly, pay it off and do another. Twice in the last year or so the 0% option has not carried over once I get my invoice and I am told that the seller "chose to take it as cash advance", although why that would be an option after I have chosen paypal credit I do not know. I just bit the bullet and paid in full so as to avoid the interest. This was not through ebay I should add.

31 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

eBay payment page gave an option to pay over 24 months but with 12.99% APR. Only terms were for items $600 and over. This promotion has been offered many times before and I’ve used it before too. When the ad is clicked it takes you to eBay. All 5 of the eBay reps I spoke with said the offer wasn’t from eBay. Seems to be their SOP to play stupid for any promotions.

Yeah they do be like that. I guess you could ask ebay why they are emailing you someone elses offers? Can you expect them to send you other offers from other people that also wont work?

Rather than complaining have you tried saying that you have seen THEIR offer and want to confirm how it works. Do you enter a code at the end of purchase or is it something else. Your just playing dumb until they say our offer or ebays offer. Then you can try and use that to your advantage. Oh Ive done that but its not working can you process it at your end or can you cancel it off.

I wouldnt call them either. I always use the messenger. That way everything they say is there in black and white and you get a copy at the end. Also you can stay on all day long. "Oh no its fine im happy to wait as you look into this".

Are you on the hook for this or will the seller cancel it for you?

I never buy things I can’t afford. Especially collectibles. On rare occasions I use a credit card for unexpected expenses, I pay it off quickly. 

I recently retired a little earlier than I had originally planned. Other than a pretty modest mortgage, I am debt free. I would still be working for the man if not for this. 

Now I have time to enjoy all the wonderful junk I have collected for all these years. 

On 2/28/2020 at 6:52 PM, AnkurJ said:

Long story short. Received this offer from eBay. Made a purchase. Didn’t work. Payment screen didn’t show a 0% APR offer. eBay said it’s A PayPal issue. PayPal said it’s an eBay issue. Spent hours on the phone with no resolution. Total waste of time. Caveat emptor. 

9390D822-C95F-4C52-AC15-2410E4F3F717.jpeg

Contact Synchrony Bank. PayPal credit goes through them