• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A personal grail has landed... cover to Planet of the Symbiotes Part 1 (ASM, Venom)

10 posts in this topic

Great art and great acquisition/background story. Personally, I love hearing a good story behind the art and would offer up that others perusing CAF might enjoy the story as well (as my comment indicates ;) ). I too am often too lazy to write a comment (and even too lazy to post most art I get these days) so I am not casting stones. Congrats!

22 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

As most Venom OA collectors know (all of the ones driving Bagley prices, not to mention McFarlane's and Larsen's), the earlier covers are subject to black hole syndrome and very rarely come up; e.g., those covers to ASM 316, Venom: Lethal Protector 1, etc. remain sacrosanct.

Yeah pre-2000s Venom OA is impossible to find nowadays; congrats on landing that sweet cover!

I really appreciate everyone's kind words.  Just one more update -- my Bagley commission arrived, very happy with it and love the dark pencils.  Bags went above and beyond... see that little TM next to Spidey's face!

Venom cravings satisfied, everything has come full circle.  Now back to the much more affordable Frazetta for me. :kidaround: :jokealert:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1612319

CE1B506F-93A1-4B9B-892C-F2108D4E68A5.thumb.jpeg.97d8b686cc41cc5f62500b51d16670b1.jpeg

Edited by exitmusicblue

6 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

I really appreciate everyone's kind words.  Just one more update -- my Bagley commission arrived, very happy with it and love the dark pencils.  Bags went above and beyond... see that little TM next to Spidey's face!

Venom cravings satisfied, everything has come full circle.  Now back to the much more affordable Frazetta for me. :kidaround: :jokealert:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1612319

Whoa!  

Out of curiosity, when did you sign up with Spencer/Mark, and did you end up going for the recreation level  ?  Well worth it!!

I also have a piece coming, and wondering what I should expect for the wait.

Edited by Catwoman_Fan

7 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Whoa!  

Out of curiosity, when did you sign up with Spencer/Mark, and did you end up going for the recreation level  ?  Well worth it!!

I also have a piece coming, and wondering what I should expect for the wait.

I think I was among the first to respond/sign up, in early Feb!  And the cover recreation cost extra for sure.