• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remaining 37 Sid's books discounted!!!!!

48 posts in this topic

Too Much?!?!?!?!?!

these are one of a kind - original purchases - Pedigree Wannabees - that were severely undergraded by CGC................let me catch my breath.................

seriously, i'll bet you'll be very pleased........

You sure you're not a natural born seller?

i did run a Group Insurance sales office in No.NJ for the last 3 years of my career.

but, was always a numbers man up until then....................grin.gif

"numbers"? . . . "jersey"? . . . gossip.gifsounds like "The Sopranos" to me 27_laughing.gif

And "insurance"...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

mostly "Health", "Disability" and"Life"................ devil.gif

just finished talking to Doug Schmell and gave him the OK to relist the remaining 37 books on Pedigree with an average discount of 20%. 893applaud-thumb.gif

an announcement will appear in Scoop on Friday/saturday and the books will go up this weekend all at once.

It's 4 weeks since the last group of books was posted and 37 remain, so they'll be discounted ranging from 13% - 29%.

again, all books are my original DC purchases (circa 1962-1964) from Sid's Luncheonette and range in grade from 8.0 to 9.6 with almost all having at least OW pages. a COA will accompany all purchases.

check out the listings for anything that you might have been interested in, at a new lower price.

here's what remains - you can check Pedigree for grades, PQ and prices...........

Aquaman # 5 & 15

Atom # 1,2,3,& 7

Brave and Bold # 42,43 & 51(all have Hawkman)

Flash # 131 & 145

JLA # 10, 11,23,27,28 & 32

Metal Men # 2,3,4,8 &9

MIS # 75 (1st JLA crossover)& 87(w/Hawkman)

Showcase # 38, 40 (both Metal Men), 43 (Dr No) & 45 (origin of Sgt Rock)

Wonder Woman # 127,131,139,140,142,143,144,145,& 147

Thanks............................Harry.

hey, go to Comics General and take a gander at RedHook's slideshow featuring all 100 books in larger format with Sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

If I were a rich man, I'd be on those Metal Men like a tick on an a$s hair. cloud9.gif

i hear ya................they stayed well-preserved over those last four decades.

and i've always been a bit partial to Andru and Esposito's art. they did a lot for DC besides the Metal Men, including Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad and some War stuff among others..............

and who knows what they will ultimately sell for???? VERY little sales data available at these grades................i tried extrapolating from the few sales that are documented. Heritage has sold 134 items but never a # 2, 3, 4, 8 or 9 in 9.0 - 9.6.

surprisingly, many, many copies of #1 have been sold................ confused.gif

Sure, not a very popular title, so the only issue people want is the only key issue, #1. Showcase 37 (first appearance) sells regularly too, whereas no one ever cares about 38 or 39.

If I were a rich man, I'd be on those Metal Men like a tick on an a$s hair. cloud9.gif

i hear ya................they stayed well-preserved over those last four decades.

and i've always been a bit partial to Andru and Esposito's art. they did a lot for DC besides the Metal Men, including Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad and some War stuff among others..............

and who knows what they will ultimately sell for???? VERY little sales data available at these grades................i tried extrapolating from the few sales that are documented. Heritage has sold 134 items but never a # 2, 3, 4, 8 or 9 in 9.0 - 9.6.

surprisingly, many, many copies of #1 have been sold................ confused.gif

Sure, not a very popular title, so the only issue people want is the only key issue, #1. Showcase 37 (first appearance) sells regularly too, whereas no one ever cares about 38 or 39.

there HAVE to be some Metal Men collectors out there somewhere............. insane.gif

yay.gif Just purchased the JLA #11 yay.gifcloud9.gif

Just purchased Aquaman #5, love that cover headbang.gif

thank you both.........I think you'll be really pleased by the books in hand 893applaud-thumb.gif

guess i don't have to adjust the list now..................

the remaining 35 books will be listed sometime this weekend at their new lower prices. if there's anything that's of interest to anyone, place a bid before they get relisted again, and maybe we can deal........... grin.gif

37 Sid's books lining the wall, 37 Sid's books lining the wall, Take one down 20% and hope for the best, 36 Sid's books lining the wall....

35 Sid's books lining the wall, 35 Sid's books lining the wall, Take one down 20% and hope for the best, 34 Sid's books lining the wall....

thumbsup2.gif

37 Sid's books lining the wall, 37 Sid's books lining the wall, Take one down 20% and hope for the best, 36 Sid's books lining the wall....

35 Sid's books lining the wall, 35 Sid's books lining the wall, Take one down 20% and hope for the best, 34 Sid's books lining the wall....

thumbsup2.gif

it seems to be working!!!!!!!!! good job and thanks............ thumbsup2.gif

The Phoenix arises from the ashes.

phoenix01.gif

PHOENIX.jpg

hi.gif

hey that's all i'm looking for - Dice's rich Twin out there somewhere......... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

it seems to be working!!!!!!!!! good job and thanks............ thumbsup2.gif

33 left as of yesterday, but things are slowing down................the 20% average price reductions didn't seem to "move" many............... frown.gif

i may just bring the "leftovers" to display at the National in November..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

33 left as of yesterday, but things are slowing down................the 20% average price reductions didn't seem to "move" many...............

i may just bring the "leftovers" to display at the National in November.....

I have a few nice Detective Comics on his site that got relisted with lower prices at the same time as yours and it didn't help.

The thing with HG DC's is that either collectors want the book or they don't. If they aren't collecting that title, the fact that the book is HG doesn't help (maybe even hurts). Where as with SA Marvel's almost any HG SA Marvel will find a buyer. Even those who might not be actively collecting that run, will pick up a nice copy if the price is right.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif