• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Well, I haven't completed my pre-robin Tec set, but would like to share what I have so far. These books are my pride and joy, my bread and butter of my collection. I dont think I will ever let these books go. It's too bad my Tec 29 has cream-offwhite pages and the only one that was graded as a 3.5. Everything else is offwhite or above and graded a 4.0 :sumo: Next up for me, is a Tec 31 :wishluck: Enjoy!

Picture253-2.jpg

:o(worship) (worship) (worship)

Well, I haven't completed my pre-robin Tec set, but would like to share what I have so far. These books are my pride and joy, my bread and butter of my collection. I dont think I will ever let these books go. It's too bad my Tec 29 has cream-offwhite pages and the only one that was graded as a 3.5. Everything else is offwhite or above and graded a 4.0 :sumo: Next up for me, is a Tec 31 :wishluck: Enjoy!

Picture253-2.jpg

Hey Brian,

Throw a #31 in that mix and you've got yourself an even half dozen coveted MONSTER Tecs!!!

Picture253-2.jpg

most impressive

Picture253-2.jpg

Hey Brian,

Throw a #31 in that mix and you've got yourself an even half dozen coveted MONSTER Tecs!!!

Yep, definitely will need to save up when that time comes. Hopefully, when I have enough saved a Tec 31 blue 4.0 or close to that grade will come up for sale.

Picture253-2.jpg

Wow Brian, haven't seen a awesome Tec group shot like this in a while.

Picture253-2.jpg

At least not since this one.... (Rick's old run) :cloud9:

tec2737r.jpg

Picture253-2.jpg

At least not since this one.... (Rick's old run) :cloud9:

tec2737r.jpg

yep since this..

I would like to give a BIG thanks to Rick our very own Det27kid for selling this book to me :cloud9:

Picture251-2.jpg

this copy has made the board's rounds...

dizzyfox to me, to 1koko , kind of back through me to dark knight!... woo hoo!

All in the "family" :grin: Very nice pick up Brian (thumbs u I am happy you up graded and picked up a copy you had coveted for many moons. :headbang:

Thanks Ben!! Congrats on your pickup as well!

(thumbs u

A special pre-Robin Tec is back home once again….

Here’s the story:

After confirming with CGC and the additional notes on this book, it was graded and slabbed by CGC in November of 2001.

March, 2002, I see this book on ebay from neatstuffcollectibles and it does not meet the reserve.

April, 2002, I attend my first ever comic book convention at the Wonder Con in Oakland, CA (the last time this Con was held in Oakland). Michael of neatstuff is there and this book is in his case. I ponder over it and walk the floor and decide that it’s just too cool of a book to pass up. He has his price, I make my offer, we try to meet in the middle but we’re $100 off. Michael suggests that we flip a coin for the difference and I agree. He flips a quarter, I call tails, and tails it is and I get the book for my desired price. As I’m walking around with my new prize, I meet a fellow collector who gives me his opinion on the book as being a very nice book and pretty tough to come across. As it turns out, this collector is our very own sacentaur on the boards with whom I just got to know a little better recently when I called him to talk comics when I came across his business card that he gave me way back in 2002 at the Wonder con.

Over the next three years, books in my collection come and go as they usually do, but this book is one that I just can’t bring myself to parting with. Finally in the summer of 2005, my collecting interests change and I decide to part with this book. It sells and about a year or so later I see it on CLINK, and stupid me, I spend a little time thinking about buying it back and whammo!!! It’s sold to someone else. (who I believe turns out to be our own Detective27kid).

A year later I get to know Rick on the boards and begin enjoying his amazing collection that he shares in the various threads. All of a sudden, when viewing images of his Tec collection, I see my old book!!! I make an effort in prying it from Rick but he wants to keep the run intact, which of course I understood.

Now, two years after that, I get a PM from Rick asking if I was interested in getting back this book. It took me all of about one second to say, “Yes Please”!!!

One thing that I never really appreciated about this book years ago when I owned it is the exceptional page quality. Knowing how much more strict CGC was with paper quality in the early days and in looking at the edges of this book, I would not at all be surprised if it were to earn a “WHITE pages” designation today.

Now, this special book with a special history (for me) has finally come back home. Who knows how long I’ll hold onto this time but at least I get to hold it for as long as I want to….

Thanks Rick!

P6110002.JPG

Nice to come home John!

Picture253-2.jpg

(thumbs u sweet!

X2!!! (worship) I need a Tec 31 soo bad now.. Definitely the best cover in the entire run. Congrats Ben, you deserved it!

Thanks bud :) The hunt and wait was well worth it (thumbs u and the fact you picked up that long awaited copy of 29 at the same time makes us all (Gator too!) ^^ 's

Well, after many moons, my grail book has arrived thanks to the Gator :cloud9:

Nothing like rolling fog...a full moon...and...The Bat-Man! :banana:

Tec31mycopyBIG.jpg

Very, very nice Ben! What a week for you, Brian, and myself. You get the coveted Tec 31 that you have been so patiently (and perhaps somewhat frantically) searching for ever since your 1.8 Brittle disaster. Brian gets one of the nicest Tec 29's in the hobby which not so long ago was part of my stack and I know first hand how special it is to hold, not to mention own such a nice unrestored #29. And lastly, my Tec 32 returns home after a three year hiatus after originally owning it for about three years prior to that. I think what sums up these three books for all three of us is that famous but often overlooked saying, "Good things come to those who wait". 1147857026609_vampire.gif

Well, after many moons, my grail book has arrived thanks to the Gator :cloud9:

Nothing like rolling fog...a full moon...and...The Bat-Man! :banana:

Tec31mycopyBIG.jpg

Very, very nice Ben! What a week for you, Brian, and myself. You get the coveted Tec 31 that you have been so patiently (and perhaps somewhat frantically) searching for ever since your 1.8 Brittle disaster. Brian gets one of the nicest Tec 29's in the hobby which not so long ago was part of my stack and I know first hand how special it is to hold, not to mention own such a nice unrestored #29. And lastly, my Tec 32 returns home after a three year hiatus after originally owning it for about three years prior to that. I think what sums up these three books for all three of us is that famous but often overlooked saying, "Good things come to those who wait". 1147857026609_vampire.gif

:applause: