• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I've been jonesing for a Batman-cover pre-Robin Tec the last few months, but it's seeming like it's going to take a while... :juggle:

In the meantime, here's a rerun of my Bat/Tec group shot from a year ago. Not pictured is an LG Detective #11 I picked up shortly after this was taken, courtesy of Andy/October. :cloud9:

75364.jpg

Great books, the 32 is great!

I absolutely love the big logo Tec Joker covers. Here's one of mine.

det62.jpg

One of my favorite Joker covers!

Great!

That makes me wish I went for that issue in the last heritage auction, but $20K was too high

Here's a fun photo

I read my Tec 34 side by side with my DC archives. Obviously enough - the genuine article is much better than the archives.

IMG_1495.jpg

The smell of fresh paper...while also watching cable on TV. lol

Haha yes indeed! Just got dvr and my mind is blown. Never thought I would ever be able to pause live TV! lol

So this was a fun evening reading it side by side.

Also notice the white box above the archives book - fresh pair of cotton gloves for the reading. (thumbs u

Here's a fun photo

I read my Tec 34 side by side with my DC archives. Obviously enough - the genuine article is much better than the archives.

IMG_1495.jpg

Haha yes indeed! Just got dvr and my mind is blown. Never thought I would ever be able to pause live TV! lol

Also notice the white box above the archives book - fresh pair of cotton gloves for the reading. (thumbs u

Time for me to get a pair of gloves too. Ahhhh....still can smell that fresh paper. (thumbs u

Here's a fun photo

IMG_1495.jpg

Time for me to get a pair of gloves too. Ahhhh....still can smell that fresh paper. (thumbs u

:grin:

Love reading vintage books. So much fun.

(Would be even more fun if I paid sticker price of 10c though - but oh well it is worth it) lol

Looks like a fake ebay auction to me

What's the tip-off? ...other than low feedback.

And then where did he get a scan of that book?

Is this the same guy that when asked before if he would do a cash + trade deal on the 28 he replied something like "No, I already have ever book of the series" or something like that?

lol

That auction looks sketchy as all get out - scan looks fake or copied and why is there no back cover scan for a book this pricey?

Warning flags all over that auction.

Yeah, it's the same seller Yannis has pointed out in the thread below.

old post to eBay auction - Tec 28

In the aftermath of the recent record-breaking auctions, this ebay listing is getting the attention of several social websites including twitter-space. There's definitely a spiked interest for early Batman...not that it ever went away but there's even more attention from the collecting community.

The unrestored Detective 28 cgc 3.5 has been relisted by Hunklives on ebay

I thought Rick stated that Hunklives wasn't the owner

Link

last I had heard from the owner (lives in CAL) was that he still had the book... now, is it possible he sold it...I guess...I have a follow up email into him just to make sure (thumbs u

The unrestored Detective 28 cgc 3.5 has been relisted by Hunklives on ebay

I thought Rick stated that Hunklives wasn't the owner

Link

last I had heard from the owner (lives in CAL) was that he still had the book... now, is it possible he sold it...I guess...I have a follow up email into him just to make sure (thumbs u
He may have sold it without discussing it first with you????:o

:baiting: