• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

That Tec 31 you've got on the Bay is a gorgeous copy, Gator!

For the boardie whom asked earlier -

Resto, even Extensive, seems to be smoldered when were talking about extremely demanded and tough GA books like the 31. (Though it still affects value, its not as hard as later issue)

This is probably a bad example but:

Tec 31's can sell from 3X to 5X guide - which is what we've all agreed is the general rule.

So a 7.5 Tec 31 by the guide alone is worth $34,218.75 - so if you take that by 3 to 5x you'll get a whopping sum. (In generally speaking a 7.5 Blue 31 might even hit 5x-10x in an auction format who knows.)

Now even though this Tec 31 has extensive resto....

This Tec 31 CGC 7.5 (EA) with an opening bid of $9,499 is a darn steal if it sold for that.

there is no doubt in my mind that a universal tec 31 in cgc 7.5 would break into the low to mid 100k's no problem...

this copy, can be had for 10% of that (maybe 7.5%)...relatively speaking, would seem like a bargain, and I have gotten a few ebay emails about time payments, etc, so my "guess" is that it will sell for more than the opening bid (assuming it gets a bid at all (shrug) )

My jaw dropped :o when I spotted this TEC 31 on eBay. I'm naturally very tempted but wondering if the opening bid price is fair for an extensive amateur restoration. And it's got white pages!
given that it is my book, I would have to be in the camp of "it is a fair opening bid".... lol

let's put it this way, I started the bidding at a price I was willing to sell at (thumbs u

If you still have it in January... :shy:

I am sure you remember what I offered it to you for :baiting:

:grin:

too bad that offer is no longer valid :baiting:

My jaw dropped :o when I spotted this TEC 31 on eBay. I'm naturally very tempted but wondering if the opening bid price is fair for an extensive amateur restoration. And it's got white pages!
given that it is my book, I would have to be in the camp of "it is a fair opening bid".... lol

let's put it this way, I started the bidding at a price I was willing to sell at (thumbs u

:tonofbricks:

:roflmao:

:roflmao:

:sorry:

That Tec 31 you've got on the Bay is a gorgeous copy, Gator!

For the boardie whom asked earlier -

Resto, even Extensive, seems to be smoldered when were talking about extremely demanded and tough GA books like the 31. (Though it still affects value, its not as hard as later issue)

This is probably a bad example but:

Tec 31's can sell from 3X to 5X guide - which is what we've all agreed is the general rule.

So a 7.5 Tec 31 by the guide alone is worth $34,218.75 - so if you take that by 3 to 5x you'll get a whopping sum. (In generally speaking a 7.5 Blue 31 might even hit 5x-10x in an auction format who knows.)

Now even though this Tec 31 has extensive resto....

This Tec 31 CGC 7.5 (EA) with an opening bid of $9,499 is a darn steal if it sold for that.

there is no doubt in my mind that a universal tec 31 in cgc 7.5 would break into the low to mid 100k's no problem...

You could throw Mr. B's 7.0 WHITE into the mix too as the PQ would likely push it into the 6 fig range. Edited by Primetime

this copy, can be had for 10% of that (maybe 7.5%)...relatively speaking, would seem like a bargain, and I have gotten a few ebay emails about time payments, etc, so my "guess" is that it will sell for more than the opening bid (assuming it gets a bid at all (shrug) )

What grade do you estimate the book would be without the restoration? This is the core question for placing a value on books like this that leads to prices varying so widely. I'm toying with the idea of buying restored early Tecs just like this one, but I haven't worked out market values for restored books in my mind enough to actually start buying yet. :insane:

What grade do you estimate the book would be without the restoration? This is the core question for placing a value on books like this that leads to prices varying so widely. I'm toying with the idea of buying restored early Tecs just like this one, but I haven't worked out market values for restored books in my mind enough to actually start buying yet. :insane:

my general observation, without inspecting the book raw, is that you typically deduct about 4-5 grade points for ext..., 2-4 for mod, and 0-2 for slight...

exceptions to every general rule, of course...

so, if a 7.5 ext, likely a 2.5 at worse, before resto... putting it at about 12K "unrestored" value (imo)

my general observation, without inspecting the book raw, is that you typically deduct about 4-5 grade points for ext..., 2-4 for mod, and 0-2 for slight...

so, if a 7.5 ext, likely a 2.5 at worse, before resto... putting it at about 12K "unrestored" value (imo)

:preach:

CC sold the CGC 2.5 Trolley blue for $14k

my guess is that could be a 3.0 with a little "massage" :baiting: ...I would value a 3.0 at 14K (depending on eye appeal maybe a tad higher) and a 2.5 at 12K...

my guess is that could be a 3.0 with a little "massage" :baiting: ...I would value a 3.0 at 14K (depending on eye appeal maybe a tad higher) and a 2.5 at 12K...

What kind of massage would it need to get?

one with a little moisture and pressure lol

one with a little moisture and pressure lol

:idea: Comics left alone for 70 years deserve to have the special treatment for their longevity