• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Are you sure?? I don't believe the pre-Bats Tecs have been reprinted except IIRC 'Tec 1 in a Millenium edition one shot and even then I am not 100% of that.

The entire Tec 1 was definately reprinted in the Millenium edition

Maybe Rick was thinking of the pre-Robin Batman tec stories. Those are in the DC Archives of course

Oh, I know that's what he thought. He is reading only with his left eye it seems. :baiting:

I wish DC would repro these 26 issues with ALL the stories, as much as I would love for them to reprint the Actions from cover to cover ... but unless, they do it in a DVD format like Marvel did with its long-lived series, it simply won't happen as the market is too niche to support this program. Yet, the Atlas Masterworks at Marvel, also niche, must be somewhat successful to continue with the announcement of the Battlefield Masterworks. Sadly, I won't buy it to support the program as I am chasing down the originals.

Maybe Rick was thinking of the pre-Robin Batman tec stories. Those are in the DC Archives of course
I was...I read it on my phone and mis read the "pre" to be pre robin, not prebats... sorry

Oh, I know that's what he thought. He is reading only with his left eye it seems. :baiting:

I wish DC would repro these 26 issues with ALL the stories, as much as I would love for them to reprint the Actions from cover to cover ... but unless, they do it in a DVD format like Marvel did with its long-lived series, it simply won't happen as the market is too niche to support this program. Yet, the Atlas Masterworks at Marvel, also niche, must be somewhat successful to continue with the announcement of the Battlefield Masterworks. Sadly, I won't buy it to support the program as I am chasing down the originals.

you know, I wouldn't bet against this anymore for exactly the reason you state -- Marvel is doing stuff I thought I'd NEVER see collected (and I too was pleased to see the Battlefield book on the schedule), and DC in general has done a very good job with their vintage material reprints.

Tec 1 is their first book, making a prehero Tec archive part of their 75th anniversary push would be a good opportunity to do it.

Marvel has been unloading Masterwork reprints unlike DC. I wish DC would reprint those early tecs but I doubt it. Especially after I ran into Mr. Levitz who told me that it would probably not happen any time soon. I wish dc would release the full Dr. Occult story as well but that's just a dream too. Oh well just get those babies on disc if you can't wait around another 50 years.... lol

I forgot to post my recent comicconnect win and I thought I would resurrect the original Detective at the same time.

04a3f470.png

Pretty pleased with the purchase, after all it is a great book

Eldon Dedini copy to boot :cloud9:

I forgot to post my recent comicconnect win and I thought I would resurrect the original Detective at the same time.

04a3f470.png

:applause:

04a3f470.png

Eldon Dedini copy to boot :cloud9:

Yep, he did own some great books, and could draw a bit as well

04a3f470.png

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats. Awesome (thumbs u

04a3f470.png

Really, this is more than just a "great" book.

Tec #28 is very tough to find.

It's even tougher to find unrestored.

But yours is both unrestored and in high-grade.

Only two unrestored copies have ever been graded higher...as I'm sure you're well aware.

What a MAJOR acquisition on your part.

Amazing, AMAZING, book. (worship)

04a3f470.png

wow. What took you so long to post (tsk) ?