• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

31 all day long for me. :sumo: (If you could not guess from my icon)

Though there is an overwhelming favor of 29 here on the boards, at least it seems. hm

Both books are incredible and will always be an incredibly tough call. :cool:

I hate to tell you Alex but 29 is waaay cooler someday you will understand when your older

(thumbs u The story in 29 is much better than 31. But 31 is a better cover. A cover that is published as the back cover to the giant DC anniversary book has to be pretty important.

Though there is an overwhelming favor of 29 here on the boards, at least it seems. hm

I hate to tell you Alex but 29 is waaay cooler someday you will understand when your older

(thumbs u The story in 29 is much better than 31. But 31 is a better cover. A cover that is published as the back cover to the giant DC anniversary book has to be pretty important.

Very True, great book btw.

DSC00085.jpg

No im just kiddin with you, but i honestly dont know which one id pick given the choice of the 2 sitting in front of me. While i like the story better in 29 than 31, the 31 has such an iconic cover, but 29 is so cool cause batman looks very mysterious to me.

Edited by mt1000

O and BTW :gossip: im biased to a 29 since i got mine ( well whats left of it) lol

Does your girlfriend know you spent, what, 4K on it?

Ya 5K i dont think she really even listens to me about this stuff exept say '' o wow thats alot'' lol

O and BTW :gossip: im biased to a 29 since i got mine ( well whats left of it) lol

Ya 5K i dont think she really even listens to me about this stuff exept say '' o wow thats alot'' lol

Well, if she doesn't know, she will...after she reads this forum. :baiting:

Maybe i can get her into this stuff. She was gonna go to NYCC with me but i told her that might not be a good idea lol

Very True, great book btw.

DSC00085.jpg

What an amazing picture. (thumbs u

No im just kiddin with you, but i honestly dont know which one id pick given the choice of the 2 sitting in front of me. While i like the story better in 29 than 31, the 31 has such an iconic cover, but 29 is so cool cause batman looks very mysterious to me.

Tec #29 and Tec #31 are both so great, it's such a tough call that to me could honestly change on any given day of the week.

I give the cover-edge to Tec #31 but still feel Tec #29 to sport one of the greatest GA covers of all-time.

Both stories are fantastic, but the 1st appearences of The Monk, Julie Madison, the Batplane, and the Baterang sway me in favor of Tec #31.

But, Tec #29 is still an earlier (even if not by much) appearence of Batman and the rarity factor adds an additiona level of intrigue; although that is not to say that Tec #31 is an easy-find by any means.

Tec #29 = 11 out of 10.

Tec #31 = 11.5 out of 10.

Although my ratings could change by sunrise. ;)

Display-name changed from "Detective33Kid" to "Wayne-Tec".

Not having posted much in the Batman threads for the last 2 months, I am grateful for the hint in your sig, I would have had no idea who you were and would have thought there was someone new collecting Pre Robin Tecs :sumo:

Maybe i can get her into this stuff. She was gonna go to NYCC with me but i told her that might not be a good idea lol

I bring my wife to th conventions, she has a good time. She reads TPBs so I send her off for those, and we always attend the forum dinners, which are always fun. Get her involved if you wanna keep her (thumbs u

Display-name changed from "Detective33Kid" to "Wayne-Tec".

Not having posted much in the Batman threads for the last 2 months, I am grateful for the hint in your sig, I would have had no idea who you were and would have thought there was someone new collecting Pre Robin Tecs :sumo:

No problem. (thumbs u

I usually hang out in the GA section the most; especially in the Batman/Tec threads. I included the note in my sig line to make sure that everyone knows that I am the same guy.

Having been posting here for well over 2 years now and being a regular of the GA section, I wouldn't want anyone to think that I left. :hi:

Display-name change to be explained in greater depth then I already have in the Pre-Robin Tec thread the moment my current transaction is complete. :cloud9:

can't recall if I posted this in this thread, but thanks to Gator, Andre, Dark Knight for their parts in making this happen. Also, thanks to those (Ferdelance, Vtcomics, Jamie Graham, Ciorac, Kyptospidey) who bought books from me so this prize could be had. :cloud9:

MyTec29CGC35crowNEWscanLabel.jpg

Great book :cloud9: , I rate 29 much higher than the 31

well, I passed on the 5.0 #29 you got from Rick last year (couldn't swing the price), so happy to get this one! I am beginning to like 29 more and more--catching up to the 31 but not quite...29 has the better story IMO. Edited by Primetime

100% agree. They should have but the 31 cover on the front of that DC anniversary book :)

Tec 31 is sweeter. And I doubt I will ever own a pre-robin Tec.

Pat, coverless copies are still available for less than $300. Tack on a Fedoraman repro cover and you've got yourself a pre-Robin Tec! (It's how I did it with my 37). But I agree... I doubt I'll ever find myself in a position to dip into this pool. If I EVER jump into another 4-figure book again, it will be for a copy of Batman 1. But I'll need to get hired at a Harvard / Yale level of school OR publish a few popular books for that sort of thing to happen (and I doubt it will).

BUT, we can sit back and enjoy the fruits of other peoples' paychecks! lol

I think the pre-Robin 'Tec train has left the station for me too. At least the early issues of Batman from 2-10 aren't insanely priced(yet), and there are some really cool post Robin issues of 'Tec(like 44 with the great cover, and 46 with a neat Hugo Strange story that feels like a pre-Robin tale).