• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

For Gator

dtec.jpg

Great score! :applause:

+1 Nice looking book!

:headbang:

that is a nice solid copy. No info to share where you got it from ? :blush:

from the comic book fairy (thumbs u

For Gator

dtec.jpg

Great score! :applause:

+1 Nice looking book!

:headbang:

that is a nice solid copy. No info to share where you got it from ? :blush:

from the comic book fairy (thumbs u
yep lol

hm it wasn't Dwayne Johnson aka the Rock tooth fairy?

Edited by Dark Knight

Just back from CGC :whee:

tec36smaller.jpg

tec42smaller.jpg

The 36 came back 8.5 SP with only very minor work :grin: there are only two restored 9.0 higher and 3 other 8.5. 1 universal 8.5 and it drops off from there. Needless to say very excited about this one.

I wanted to keep the reto on the 42 down, but in hind site and based on the grade it might have been better off doing more, regardless it looks nice as is.

James G

tec36smaller.jpg

The 36 came back 8.5 SP with only very minor work :grin:

James G

That 36 is a very nice example!! :applause:

What is the resto?

I meant to add that doh! Very minor and I knew that when I was looking at it raw. Spine splits sealed, Cover cleaned cover reinforced. Thats all. Not sure when the restor was done, but it was recent and I would have left it alone.

James G

tec36smaller.jpg

James G

What is the resto?

I meant to add that doh! Very minor and I knew that when I was looking at it raw. Spine splits sealed, Cover cleaned cover reinforced. Thats all. Not sure when the restor was done, but it was recent and I would have left it alone.

James G

Still one of the very best examples I've seen in a long time. And at least the resto on the book is some of "the most market friendly" resto you can get! :headbang:

tec36smaller.jpg

James G

What is the resto?

James G

Still one of the very best examples I've seen in a long time. And at least the resto on the book is some of "the most market friendly" resto you can get! :headbang:

Congrats on the grade and a nice pick up! Just curious, but did you buy the 36 on ebay pretty recently? That copy looks familiar as I thought about hitting the buy it now hm

tec36smaller.jpg

James G

What is the resto?

James G

Congrats on the grade and a nice pick up! Just curious, but did you buy the 36 on ebay pretty recently? That copy looks familiar as I thought about hitting the buy it now hm

Yea I hit the BIN, I think the vague description of the restoration kept others from doing so, but I was glad to take the books even before it was graded as the price was right. I guess it was about time I hit a home run on something. I think it's worth a lot more then I paid now, not sure how much...

James G

A new Tec 31 upgrade (and the comic of my dreams :cloud9:) arrived yesterday:

CGC 5.0 OW/W :whee:

DSC00435.jpg

tec31.jpg

A big THANKS to Rick (Gator)!!! :applause:

A BIG congrats Alex! Well done! :applause:

Thank you!! :grin:

Nice to finally have a 31 back in the collection, it's felt "off" since I sold my 2.5 back in January (to fund for this 5.0) :headbang:

A new Tec 31 upgrade (and the comic of my dreams :cloud9:) arrived yesterday:

CGC 5.0 OW/W :whee:

DSC00435.jpg

tec31.jpg

A big THANKS to Rick (Gator)!!! :applause:

A BIG congrats Alex! Well done! :applause:

Thank you!! :grin:

Nice to finally have a 31 back in the collection, it's felt "off" since I sold my 2.5 back in January (to fund for this 5.0) :headbang:

Well worth the wait. Ever since you joined the thread with a TEC31 avatar, I fell in love with TEC31 "One of the coolest BAT cover ever.". :luhv:

Edited by showcase22gr1959