• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

And this Recil Macon copy just in...white pages!

100_1825.jpg

STEVE

Steve;

Would you know if the rumour is true that many of the Recil Macon copies were cleaned by Susan C. prior to them coming into the marketplace back in the very early 90's?

If they were cleaned, would you know if this was through a dry cleaning or an aqueous cleaning process?

Just curious as i also remember picking up a Recil Macon copy back in the day. Boy, did he ever write his name in all over the book. Must have been insecure or pretty possessive, I guess. 27_laughing.gif

lou, it's not cleaning but pressing (for gentle warping) is what I've heard. Never attempted to track down any info on it. Maybe the upcoming Pedigree book will shed some light.

Anyway, a small price to pay for such nice books with such lovely pages!

STEVE (p.s., just curious, what Macon do you have?)

And this Recil Macon copy just in...white pages!

100_1825.jpg

STEVE

hey STEVE...

beautiful books, but what are you doing collecting Tecs???

rick

Picked this up from MrBedrock a few weeks ago at Wizard L.A. Very happy with this book...ultra strict grading, very fair pricing, and off-white to white pages (last Clayface!).

100_1820.jpg

STEVE

Steve, my goodness, the white on those covers is so, well, white! I think everything I have ever seen on one of these is some shade of yellow. Nice, nice, nice...

Nice to see another Recil Macon Detective. I bought this one back in 1990.

DetectiveComics40.jpg

Oh my, that is very pretty, steel (I can see the white pages in the scan) 893applaud-thumb.gif

And the 1st Clayface, too...

STEVE

Nice to see another Recil Macon Detective. I bought this one back in 1990.

DetectiveComics40.jpg

Oh my, that is very pretty, steel (I can see the white pages in the scan) 893applaud-thumb.gif

And the 1st Clayface, too...

STEVE

Beautiful copy!!!! I love that cover.

Ken

...what are you doing collecting Tecs???

I'm not really - they just kinda fell into my lap (too pretty to pass up!).

STEVE

dern, I wonder why those tecs never fall into my lap wink.gif

rick

It seems pretty clear that the Joker was chasing him and Robin was trying to create more space between them until the Batman could arrive and save the day. The only place left for him to go was the pole - which appears to be breaking. Thankfully, Batman has arrived in the nick of time to save the day.

If you need me to explain any of these other Detective covers, Stephen, please just let me know!

Picked up an nice run of unrestored Detectives recently. Unfortunately, no #27.

Here is the #40:

DET1.7036a.jpg

QUESTION: Why did Robin crawl out to the edge of the flagpole in the first place. What was he thinking?

S

Nice looking Tec 40 you have there. What other books did you pick up? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

lou, it's not cleaning but pressing (for gentle warping) is what I've heard. Never attempted to track down any info on it. Maybe the upcoming Pedigree book will shed some light.

Anyway, a small price to pay for such nice books with such lovely pages!

STEVE (p.s., just curious, what Macon do you have?)

Hey Steve;

The Macon copy that I have is the Cap #3.

I remember picking it up for aroung $2K and being upset with the writing on the book. screwy.gif Gave Dave a call who was not only nice enough to convince me to keep the book, but took a few hundred dollars off on the Denver All-Select #1 which he gave to me for less than guide which was around $1,500 at the time. cloud9.gif

Picked up an nice run of unrestored Detectives recently. Unfortunately, no #27.

Here is the #40:

DET1.7036a.jpg

QUESTION: Why did Robin crawl out to the edge of the flagpole in the first place. What was he thinking?

He was obviously despondent over the bouffant hairdo that Batman gave him, and considering ending it all.

Nothing to do with a large phallic symbol dominating the cover, fortunately.

Jack

he's eyeing Joker's hat

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif What's da grade?