• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Thanks to Bill:

Gorgeous book!

Tec29EP.jpg[/img]

hail.gif

why do all the tec 29's look better now that I don't own them poke2.gif

great pick up J....now that you have a 29, get rid of the cruddy 36 you have thumbsup2.gif

rick

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share this with yea smile.gif

Picture059.jpg

hello all..

now that is my kind of post!....2 copies B?...me thinks you have been busy!

great job

rick

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share this with yea smile.gif

Picture059.jpg

Hey DK;

Looks like a couple of real nice copies! hail.gif

Is the one on the right one of those "Black S" copies that generally shows up in unrestored HG condition?

Now that you have two copies, would one of them be available for sale to another less fortunate board member? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think there is going to be quite a queue

hello all...

I am sure Brian will chime in, but he posted in another thread? that he had gotten an 8.0 restored, to go along with his unrestored Metro purchase (the right one, "S" copy)...I think the unrestored one is in the vg/vg+ range, due to spine split?...but both are beauts!

I just love those early Tec's!

rick

I think there is going to be quite a queue

hello all...

I am sure Brian will chime in, but he posted in another thread? that he had gotten an 8.0 restored, to go along with his unrestored Metro purchase (the right one, "S" copy)...I think the unrestored one is in the vg/vg+ range, due to spine split?...but both are beauts!

I just love those early Tec's!

rick

Don't have a problem with restoration as long as it is fully disclosed when it comes to a book like this. Especially considering that it is probably the only way that I would ever be able to afford one at this point in time.

Extensive or slight restoration?

Yeah, but my wife just got wind of all my activities and put my comic budget on hold! In fact, if we find the right house to buy I may be forced to have a giant sell-off that would dwarf Bill's recent one!

Yeah, but my wife just got wind of all my activities and put my comic budget on hold! In fact, if we find the right house to buy I may be forced to have a giant sell-off that would dwarf Bill's recent one!

Here's what you do in this situation:

1. put your wife in her place -- it's your money, you'll do what you want

2. PM me, and I'll pre-qualify you for no money down financing thru Wells Fargo, we'll ask the seller to pay closing costs, and you won't have to sell a single book.

PS ...number 2 will be MUCH easier to pull off then number 1 27_laughing.gif