• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Whatever happened to just letting it ride on ebay? Oh I'm gonna win that Tec 140 of yours for sure.

I'm pulling for you buddy....there has been ALOT of intereset after just 2 days, so this is going to cost 'ya when it's all said and done grin.gif

Steve

This thread has been quite for too long.

To kickstart this thread again:

Thanks to Stephen and Vince at Metro (by the way if you ever get a chance to visit their offices you should go - my mind is still agog at the wonders on the walls) It is signed by Bob Kane on first page of Batman story:

Tec27.jpg

Then I got greedy and picked this one up from Mastro:

Tec27CGC.jpg

Both are FN/VFN but the Metro copy has very minor restoration compared to the CGC moderate copy from Mastro.

Thanks to Stephen and Vince at Metro (by the way if you ever get a chance to visit their offices you should go - my mind is still agog at the wonders on the walls) It is signed by Bob Kane on first page of Batman story:

Tec27.jpg

Tec27CGC.jpg

Both are FN/VFN but the Metro copy has very minor restoration compared to the CGC moderate copy from Mastro.

Even though I knew you had gotten them........ 893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

Tec27.jpg

Tec27CGC.jpg

good G-D man....double Tec 27's! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif: thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

No better book to have doubles on than Detective 27. Which one will be the bathroom reader?

We'll be buying them back if the dollar ever gains strength against foreign currency again..............

I'm waiting for the 1 Pound = 1 US dollar.....

they'll be begging us to buy them back.....

yeah ...that's right....begging us.....

We'll be buying them back if the dollar ever gains strength against foreign currency again..............

I'm waiting for the 1 Pound = 1 US dollar.....

they'll be begging us to buy them back.....

yeah ...that's right....begging us.....

Doubling my money (£ rather than $) would be great - but these are keepers - I'll sell you my Action #1 if the rates move that way (just kidding I don't have one). thumbsup2.gif

I listed this book in the "have a cigar" thread and then nothing.......it was like I posted a low grade restored Classics Illustrated. Let's try this again here.........

This Tec 44 is from an OO collection, and is a VF unrestored with off-white to white pages. This book in this condition is not exactly growing on trees

1812239-detective44frontfull391.JPG

Steve

1812239-detective44frontfull391.JPG.c9960eb531a28c5fce040d243dd7605a.JPG

I listed this book in the "have a cigar" thread and then nothing.......it was like I posted a low grade restored Classics Illustrated. Let's try this again here.........

Hey, nice Classic, Steve. What is the HRN number on that one? It's pretty hard to tell the upper right corner was replaced; your restorer did a nice job.....

.....er, I mean.... That's a gorgeous OO Detective #44! Awesome! 893applaud-thumb.gif

This Tec 44 is from an OO collection, and is a VF unrestored with off-white to white pages. This book in this condition is not exactly growing on trees

1812239-detective44frontfull391.JPG

Steve

Sweet 44 Steve!...and since you got little recognition in the other thread

thumbsup2.gifhail.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifheadbang.gif!!!!