• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

This Tec 44 is from an OO collection, and is a VF unrestored with off-white to white pages. This book in this condition is not exactly growing on trees

You don't have a Tec 44 tree in your back yard 893whatthe.gif

Everyone else does poke2.gif

Seriously,Great book though.

I have not had a chance to read this long thread, so not sure if this 1942 low grade, reading copy of Detective #65 Simon and KIRBY cover has been posted.

O sage ones, was there ever another GA Batman or Detective comic cover by the titanic team up of Simon and Kirby? cloud9.gif

detect65.jpg

I have not had a chance to read this long thread, so not sure if this 1942 low grade, reading copy of Detective #65 Simon and KIRBY cover has been posted.

O sage ones, was there ever another GA Batman or Detective comic cover by the titanic team up of Simon and Kirby? cloud9.gif

detect65.jpg

hello all...

I believe they teamed up on issue 64, too

gator

Looooove this book. It's very high on my list. That's a great looking copy. No, this is the only S&K Detective cover. #64 is the first Boy Commandos but is not an S&K cover.

detect65.jpg

Markav,

The comic book database has a Detective 64 cover that looks like Simon & Kirby. Per Ostreet, #65 cover was layed out by Kirby but inked by the 3 other artists (Joe Simon, Bob Kane?). Awesome interior by S&K: Hitler, swastikas, Nostradamos, layout for the Boy Commandos #1 cover in a panel, etc. yay.gif

detect65.jpg

If that's your idea of a "low grade reading copy", I'd love to see hwat you're offering for sale at "low grade reader" prices.

rob,

The Detect #65 is a reader because some nut trimmed 1/4 inch from right edge. Top edge looks ok when u compare to 2 copies for sale on cLink now. Still has sharp colors for pre-WW II comic that was not recycled or burnt for the war effort. flowerred.gif

Let's keep this great thread going.....this is one of my favorite books, pictured here raw. Metro auctioned it off on eBay about 6+ months ago, and Rick (Detective27kid) bought it for $12k-ish, had it graded, and then flipped it to me for $15k. It was a win / win / win (not Centaurman).

It graded VG/F 5.0 unrestored with off-white pages, and is presently the 3rd highest graded unrestored copy, right behind the Crippen copy - 5.5. Thanks again Rick !!! acclaim.gif I LOVE this book !! cloud9.gif

1825304-metrotec35.JPG

Steve

1825304-metrotec35.JPG.0748042f2b1818f3b07953e79c5dfb03.JPG

Let's keep this great thread going.....this is one of my favorite books, pictured here raw. Metro auctioned it off on eBay about 6+ months ago, and Rick (Detective27kid) bought it for $12k-ish, had it graded, and then flipped it to me for $15k. It was a win / win / win (not Centaurman).

It graded VG/F 5.0 unrestored with off-white pages, and is presently the 3rd highest graded unrestored copy, right behind the Crippen copy - 5.5. Thanks again Rick !!! acclaim.gif I LOVE this book !! cloud9.gif

1825304-metrotec35.JPG

Steve

tis true...it is the only time I have sold a book that I purchased which I indended to "own"/keep in my collection (I primarily sell toys/action figures for a living)...I will occasionally sell undercopies/extra copies from upgrades (and most always at my cost or below, as many will attest), but this was the first time and only time I have "flipped" a book (with CGC grading and all associated costs, I believe I paid right at $13K total)...definitely not my intention, but Steve offered me a price I couldn't refuse (since my max bid had been $15,001) I figured that was a fair price to sell it for, since that had been my valuation of the book...and, it just so happened that brian had a 2.5 for sale to replace this copy with, otherwise, I would not have sold at any price (at that time, mind you)...as one of those "wierd" completist guys, once I have a copy in my possession, unless I have access to a replacement copy, I don't consider selling...but, there is a certain "thrill" associated with selling a high dollar book (versus a $100 book on ebay)...so, I am trying to work on "expanding" our business model to include GA books (with Filter81)...

I have picked up about 20+ GA Detectives since my last posted JPG..but nothing really worth showing that you all have not already seen before...

gator

Steve

Congratulations, Steve.

You're really on a buying spree of great books.

1825304-metrotec35.JPG

Steve

tis true...it is the only time I have sold a book that I purchased which I indended to "own"/keep in my collection (I primarily sell toys/action figures for a living)...I will occasionally sell undercopies/extra copies from upgrades (and most always at my cost or below, as many will attest), but this was the first time and only time I have "flipped" a book (with CGC grading and all associated costs, I believe I paid right at $13K total)...definitely not my intention, but Steve offered me a price I couldn't refuse (since my max bid had been $15,001) I figured that was a fair price to sell it for, since that had been my valuation of the book...and, it just so happened that brian had a 2.5 for sale to replace this copy with, otherwise, I would not have sold at any price (at that time, mind you)...as one of those "wierd" completist guys, once I have a copy in my possession, unless I have access to a replacement copy, I don't consider selling...but, there is a certain "thrill" associated with selling a high dollar book (versus a $100 book on ebay)...so, I am trying to work on "expanding" our business model to include GA books (with Filter81)...

I have picked up about 20+ GA Detectives since my last posted JPG..but nothing really worth showing that you all have not already seen before...

gator

It's a privilege to sell certain books, but the mourning period can be 893censored-thumb.gif

1825304-metrotec35.JPG

Steve

gator

It's a privilege to sell certain books, but the mourning period can be 893censored-thumb.gif

agreed...but, the book went to a good home, so it eases my pain smile.gif

1825304-metrotec35.JPG

Steve

hail.gif...Steve you must have been on cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

My third favorite tec behind 29 and 31!!!

Great book Steve thumbsup2.gif

I need a #35 to complete my pre-robin Tecs foreheadslap.gif

they were everywhere last year (I had 4)...haven't see one for sale this year?, but I haven't really been looking...brian did have 2?, not sure if he still does

rick

unfortunately my 27s are restored.

Still in fact need unrestored #27, 28 and 31 as well as 35.

My 27s (are both FN/VFN - one moderate one slight), 28 (VF- moderate) and 31 (VF moderate).

unfortunately my 27s are restored.

Still in fact need unrestored #27, 28 and 31 as well as 35.

My 27s (are both FN/VFN - one moderate one slight), 28 (VF- moderate) and 31 (VF moderate).

I have a low grade unrestored 28 and the mid grade unrestored 35 you see here......come up with an unrestored G+ or better 27...and their both yours 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif