• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Thanks! I just hope whar I paid was well worth it smile.gif

hello all...

remember, it is worth what you think it is worth or are willing to pay for it, so if you are happy with the price (I know I would have been!), then you did great!...again, a sweeeeet copy!

rick

Thanks! I just hope whar I paid was well worth it smile.gif

hello all...

remember, it is worth what you think it is worth or are willing to pay for it, so if you are happy with the price (I know I would have been!), then you did great!...again, a sweeeeet copy!

rick

That is the right sentiment Rick. If you love what you collect, you can't lose.

Yep, Definitely love the book and its grade. I'm definitely satisfied. What surfaces in my head are the "what ifs." Like what if later down the line I can get a better deal for the same condition and all that. I always think about those things as a collector. But, there was no way at all for me to say no with this transaction. It's a key book that I've always wanted and I finally got it smile.gif

Yep, Definitely love the book and its grade. I'm definitely satisfied. What surfaces in my head are the "what ifs." Like what if later down the line I can get a better deal for the same condition and all that. I always think about those things as a collector. But, there was no way at all for me to say no with this transaction. It's a key book that I've always wanted and I finally got it smile.gif

hello all...

my sentiments exactly

rick

Nice feeling isn't it?

tec30.jpg

tec29.jpg

tec31set1.jpg

hello all...

posted these in the "double" pleasure thread, but neglected to post in the Tec thread...

thanks

rick

Edited by Detective27kid

Hey, rick I would like to relieve you of the burden of having 3 tec29s- intersted in selling one?

jason

hello all...

yes, 2 of them will be available for sale or trade...I only want 1 each for my personal collection...I have 2 other potentially interested parties in a tec 29, but nothing firm yet...

rick

Detective 27kid you are awesome. Any luck on a # 27 ?

hello all....

outside of the 1.0 unrestored that I am having restored because, well, it just ain't pretty to look at, no...no luck....waiting on Metro to email info on the recently discovered copy, but have not heard yet a price, etc (would have to get real creative to finance any unrestored tec over a 3.0 anyway)

rick

On the left, is that Brent Moeshlin's old Detective #29 that was recovered from PGX after being stolen by the thief who stole Ted's books?

tec30.jpg

tec29.jpg

tec31set1.jpg

hello all...

posted these in the "double" pleasure thread, but neglected to post in the Tec thread...

thanks

rick

On the left, is that Brent Moeshlin's old Detective #29 that was recovered from PGX after being stolen by the thief who stole Ted's books?

tec29.jpg

hello all...

yes, good eye...I bought the book from Brent about a month ago...it was actually the "first" 29 I bought, but apparently my initial deal was with the "thief"...thankfully, that deal was thrawted before I lost any money, and Brent emailed me he had the book and we struck a deal...however, in between the "first" deal and brent getting, I had secured another copy, but felt obligated to go through with the deal with Brent...the third copy was bought with intention to trade/sell, etc (like the 3rd copy of the tec 31 I recently got for a trade)...

thanks

rick

Edited by Detective27kid

tec29.jpg

hello all...

yes, good eye...I bought the book from Brent about a month ago...it was actually the "first" 29 I bought, but apparently my initial deal was with the "thief"...thankfully, that deal was thrawted before I lost any money, and Brent emailed me he had the book and we struck a deal...however, in between the "first" deal and brent getting, I had secured another copy, but felt obligated to go through with the deal with Brent...the third copy was bought with intention to trade/sell, etc (like the 3rd copy of the tec 31 I recently got for a trade)...

thanks

rick

Did you buy that book the first time from Oliver Turner or from the guy on ebay?

tec29.jpg

hello all...

thanks

rick

Did you buy that book the first time from Oliver Turner or from the guy on ebay?

hello all...

from the guy on ebay (I have his name and address, somewhere, but I don't think it was Oliver)....was he not the "thief" you refered too (correct me if I am wrong, I would like to get straight)...ultimately, Brent ended with the book and sold to me...

thanks

rick

tec29.jpg

hello all...

thanks

rick

hello all...

from the guy on ebay (I have his name and address, somewhere, but I don't think it was Oliver)....was he not the "thief" you refered too (correct me if I am wrong, I would like to get straight)...ultimately, Brent ended with the book and sold to me...

thanks

rick

I don't know if he stole the book or not, but I suspect that he bought it from the thief, Oliver Turner, who stole Ted's books. They both live in LA, and Oliver was stealing GA books at the San Diego comic con where this Detective 29 went missing from Brent's booth. He (Oliver) also mentioned to that he had a Detective 29 for sale when we were discussing a transaction before we found out he was a thief. Did the guy from ebay say where he got it? It's also possible that he was a cohort of Oliver's in the theft ring.

If you don't mind, please PM me the guy's name, address, etc. I'm going to want to talk to him and maybe take his deposition in my case against Oliver.

If you don't mind, please PM me the guy's name, address, etc. I'm going to want to talk to him and maybe take his deposition in my case against Oliver.

hello all...

PM sent to FFB

rick

Hey, rick I would like to relieve you of the burden of having 3 tec29s- intersted in selling one?

jason

hello all...

yes, 2 of them will be available for sale or trade...I only want 1 each for my personal collection...I have 2 other potentially interested parties in a tec 29, but nothing firm yet...

rick

I want one!!!!

893crossfingers-thumb.gif