• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite single cover of all time? Pick one, just one...

61 posts in this topic

Right on Bro. It slipped my mind initially. Awesome cover, and tough to find in HG as well.

tos58.jpg

This is a tough question because there are too many great covers. I will have to pick Detective Comics #31. The classic Batman and castle cover which was also used on Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #31.

All great covers people. My faves (of books I own):

FF #57 (my all-time favorite!)

TOS #58 (agree w/ AK...tough book in HG)

Fury #7 (Comic Master Steranko's hommage to Surrealist Master Dali)

X-Men #50 (Another Classic Steranko!)

Chris

Ooops! Forgot to list my newest addition to the collection: "Underworld True Crime Stories #4 (I'll try and get a scan up of this hilarious bit-o-mysogeny. Been trying all day, and can't get the frikkin' thing small enough to post confused.gif ).

Chamber of Chills # 19 (Northford Copy) Sweet book. I've never seen a Northford in person. Is it yours? How is it overall?
Yes, it's mine and it will be mine till the day I die! It's incredible. It's a newsstand fresh copy with deep cover inks and full gloss. A distinguishing feature of Northfords is a small "x" stamp on the back cover. I've only owned/seen Northford Harveys, and they've all graded out between VF/NM to NM-. The ones I've slabbed fell in that range. This is about the best you can hope for with Harveys because the cover stock is brutal (very prone to chipping and creasing). Also, with Harveys the spines can be flaky so you have to be very careful when opening the book. Here's another Northford Chamber of Chills for your viewing pleasure:

Image Hosting by Vendio

Click image to view larger version

Over 100,000 sellers accelerate their sales with Vendio. FREE TRIAL!

--Vince

X-men 50 is definitel yu pthere for me, too!

X-Men 109 is one of Byrne's best.

X-Men 124 is my sentimental favorite.

I also REALLY liked Master of Kung Fu #100 - just a really cool cover.

well there is so many but amaz spiderman #17 & fantastic four #12 and the best cover for moderns imo would have to be spiderman:peter parker #1DF where spideys in the rain and also moon knight#29 bill sienkiewicz moon knight covers were unreal shocked.gif

Hmmm...someone picked Solar, Man of the Atom #10...pretty cool, yes!

That solid black cover means even more when you know the story

in that comic tells of the total destruction of our universe by a black hole.

But, for other more-colorful modern-age Valiant comics,

I humbly submit my Valiant Top 10 Pre-Unity Covers.

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/top10.asp

And, just in case you guys are feeling a little patriotic these days...

here's nice one for USA, USA!

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/issue.asp?cn=85

With all these Silver Surfer related covers on the list, you all have to check out the album Cover for Joe Satriani's "Surfing With the Alien" I would scan mine, but my scanner is on the fritz. Should be easy to find, it is one of the most influential guitar albums of the past quarter century. THe cover features the shiny guy himself, and the music really rocks!!!!

Indeed....but the sad part is that after the album came out, Joe Satriani was asked about using the Silver Surfer on the cover and he told the reported he had no idea who 'the dude on the board was' and that someone else thought of the cover and the title of the album

But anybody that gave Eddie Van Halen guitar lessons in the 70's is good in my book smile.gif