• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite single cover of all time? Pick one, just one...

61 posts in this topic

I think, pound for pound, my favorite cover of any comic book is.....

Pep Comics #20, October 1941. Just great symbolism, and 2 issues before Archie showed up on the scene.

What's everyone else's favorite? Could be silver, gold, bronze, heck even modern.

Looking for the one cover you stared at for quite awhile once you acquired it, or one you've always wanted to own.

pep20.jpg

It really is impossible to pick just one - I'd have to spend hours to figure out what my favorite LB Cole or Kirby or Neal Adams etc. cover is let alone my favorite cover of all time. However, a sentimental favorite is:

Cerebus #4. Face-to-WAIST with Elrod. Still cracks me up. cool.gif

cer4.jpg

Just one? That's impossible for me to pick just one. I have literally hundreds if not thousands of "favorite" covers. tongue.gif Anyway, below is ONE of my favorite covers...actually this is only part of the cover because it's a front/back double cover. It's the cover for the Crisis on Infinite Earths TPB, and it's by George Perez and Alex Ross.

138019-Crisis%20on%20Infinite%20Earths%20TPB%20cover.jpg

589a8ad97095a_138019-CrisisonInfiniteEarthsTPBcover.jpg.894592e797ad70a4a8edd3ce30ba0f5a.jpg

If I had the moolah I would buy (raw, in at least fine condition) Brave and the Bold 29--because the first time I saw the cover for that book (1st Hawkman, not a fav character of mine...but that cover) years ago in an Overstreet Guide, I absolutely fell in love with it.

If I had to pick just one, it would probably be :

bat244.jpg

But here are some honorable mentions among tons of others:

asm50.jpg

asm87.jpg

asm69.jpg

cap105.jpg

ff49.jpg

surfer3.jpg

thor126.jpg